Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Thanks @Trini85 , I enjoy swimming and am so grateful my parents allowed me to go to lessons as a child particularly in times when money was tight. I really enjoy it and it's a good all round exercise and a great leveler as in any size person can swim. Went swimming on Sunday, 12 lengths plus some good arm exercises, and went again yesterday morning before work, just 12 lengths. Was a bit rushed getting to work but doable. My new job doesn't have much flexibility with starting time, bums on seats ready to rock at 9am. Not going to pool today as feeling a bit tired. Also googles fell off yesterday and I must have rubbed my eyes to hard as I now have a burst blood vessel in left eye.
Getting my hip injection done on Friday and looking forward to being able to walk again. I will be immobile completely for 2 days probably and then it comes back slowly so hopefully within 4 weeks will have no issues. Will be nice to bring the little kids and the dog out for walks. I haven't managed to smell honeysuckle yet this year😪
Chat later

Morning, got my timing better this mirni g and went swimming. Did 16 lenghts ans about 20 mins arm exercises. Sitting outside work now catching up here before i go in.
Unofficial weigh in and so frustrating as the same 200g are up and down all week, dont know whats happening.
My bottom is now a proper size 12 and top 16 so easier to find regular clothes. I need to go to M&S and get a proper bra fitting as no idea what size i am now.
Saw a lovely dress this week in Tesco and am very tempted but trying to convince myself i really dont need it. Some of my favourite pretty dresses though are a bit loose now. Wearing a skirt today with an elastic waist and will need to tighten or replace the elastic as its slipping down.
Off into work, chat later.

Ha, well I ended up having to put three safety pins into my skirt to hold it up yesterday. Having a little bit of a lay in today. Well awake since 5am and only getting up now. Not swimming today but might this evening. Had an unofficial weigh in and finally back at weight in stats, 75.6kg so need to hold onto it for tomorrow. Green curry soup and yogurt pot for lunch and then fish fingers or sausages for dinner or maybe an omelette.

Morning, back up to 75.9kg, the same few hundred grams bouncing up and down all week, so annoying. I'm off today and appointment for hip procedure is 0930. Darling husband is driving me there and depending on how long it takes we will have brunch or lunch afterwards. I have a dress hanging up that I still haven't worn, just a simple Tesco shirt dress bought last November, and thought it would be perfect for a lunch date. But know from experience that a pair of baggy shorts would be better for going for this procedure, quick and easy on and off😂.
Dinner last night was sausage stir fry with konjac noodles and a tomato sauce, I have enough left for the same this evening.
Weekend washing already done last night but it's raining out so not sure about drying them.
Chat later, no plans for the weekend as most likely will need to be lying down the whole time. Not going to stress about meals so, whatever someone else can hand me will have to do😂

Now at 75kg so moving down again finally. Friday is normally official weigh in day but hell, I'm going to count today's loss as it. And finally dropped down into a new BMI percentage. I'm now at a weight last seen Nov 2019
Procedure went fine except for a cyst, or as he called it yesterday a capsule, that unexpectedly exploded all over both of us. Thankfully it was just a clear liquid, thinking about it that could account for some of my weight loss😂. Well if it means I don't have to carry it around with me it can only be good for the pressure put on my hips. I told him I was losing weight and he was happy.

Morning 🌄 again. I thought I would be lying down for two days in agony with hip, that's how it was the last time, but nope it seems ok. Well no improvement from what I have had but no worse. So went swimming yesterday, 16 lengths and lots of arm exercises. Then I went out for a girls lunch. My son's fiance has invited myself, my daughters, her SIL and her Mum to go wedding dress shopping and then out ( I had said no thinking I would be in pain). Then the shop cancelled but they decided to go out for lunch anyway. I wore a very short wrap dress with high heels and felt amazing. 😁 I did eat chips though and drank lots of prosecco.
Remember I said Tesco had a lovely dress and I kept thinking about it, well I went in yesterday to buy shorts for the little kids and said if they have a size 16 it's karma and I will get it. Well they did and I got it, came home and the colour wasn't quite as I remembered it, tried it on and it was too big😂. The top of it didn't sit right on me, too loose on my back...so I returned it.
Popped on scale again this morning and I'm 74.9kg, only a 100g loss but a great psychological one. 74kg is the weight that others can see I have lost weight and it's also were I start to get a waist.
Cooking done for the week. I had chicken stock and wanted a nice tasty substantial soup. So I've made a kind of borscht, it has minced beef, celery, carrots, leeks, beetroot, kale, tomato, smoked paprika, garlic and vinegar. I will make some yogurt pots and that's work lunches sorted. More of the mince is cooked in a tomato sauce and will cook the rest of the kale. I have two chicken Kiev and lots of salad leaves so a full weeks worth of meals sorted.
Plan for today, I've ironing to do and will go swimming and need to sort out my home office.
Chat later

Swimming done, 20 lenghts and arm exercises. Feeling good and have had lunch od sausages, passatta and kale. Juat done 15 minutes of weighted hula hoop. Ive ordered some collagen supplement sachets, as im losing weight my skin is getting very saggy and wrinkly.

A quick screen shot from my weight app. Im 200g from my lowest weight in recent times.

Screenshot_20230625_141703.jpg

Hi all, well a small non scale victory. Standing up today and looking down i could see my boobs and my feet but with no belly bulging out in between. Im finally finding a waist.
Plan was to attempt a ahort walk today but its raining so going to use my weighted hoop. Went swimming this morning, think it was 16 lenghts and then arm exercises.

This is my week, I will conquer this week

This is my week to lose some proper weight
This is my week to swim 5 mornings
This is my week to be pain free for the first time since Christmas
This is my week to take the dog for a walk
This is my week to stay weekday wine free

This is my week to get control back
THIS IS MY WEEK

Hmmm, I thought I was on a roll and positive thinking would help but I don't know what is going on. I'm a kilo up again ( not officially) and my blood sugars have been high. Hopefully it's just a slow reaction to the weekend and will drop. But I'm feeling the blood sugar effects already, 3am peeing🤣.
Swimming and exercise does cause it to rise but that should only be temporary. Stress can too and me and my new job aren't a great match right now so wondering if that's it. Awake now and can hear rain, think I'm going to get up and go swimming and then head to work. Might wear a pair of jeans and a shirt,been a few weeks since I wore jeans.

Me again, and no blood sugar drop as anticipated but am in mild ketosis. Im wondering if its the sugar free gum ive been chewing. Easy to stop that.
Did 12 lenghts swimming and a decent amount of arm exercises

Morning, an early one. Annoyed with myself, was doing well and then had wine and toast last night. Not really sure why. Did go swimming yesterday morning and then did some weighted hoop after dinner as it was raining. Then don't know why I didn't just go asleep.
New job not great, I need to travel for it and I don't actually have anything to do yet, I've done as much self directed training as I need and can find and am just bored. I don't know enough to be useful yet. Office really not comfortable at all and coming home with aching back which is annoying considering the effort I went to to relieve hip pain. Have work to do today and will see how the rest of the week goes.
I was going to rest from swimming today, give my arms a break but I'm awake anyway and feel like I need to work off the toast 😏

Morning, it's 0530🌄😂 and am awake early again. Not going swimming though for 3 reasons
1 I've done 5 days in a row so more effective if I take a rest
2 had celebration wine last night, the interview I went to a few weeks ago I've been panelled
3 I've a very detailed job application to fill out🤣 yes another one. I've finished college and got my results and passed with an 82% average. A job was advertised 2 weeks ago for an IT manager. I looked at it and felt it was beyond my skills. Anyway I got a call yesterday from that positions manager asking if I applied now that I've finished college and explained no that I didn't have the specified IT skills. They asked me to reconsider saying they are forming a panel and I would be suitable for something else on that panel and to have my name in...so off to do that.

Yes I had wine last night but food was very good all day so scales showing a small drop. I'm off my original target a bit but as it's the end of the month I'm going to do full measurements on Saturday and then readjust target for the next two months.
I am happy with what I've achieved so far though. Last night both darling husband and myself were wearing linen trousers bought while away last year and they were hanging off both of us😅. I actually feel smaller and can feel the benefit of the swimming. Top is a proper size 16 now and moved from XL to L...well depending on the brand. Bottom is a very comfortable 12 or a medium and more importantly I'm getting a waist.
Next big thing to watch now are my feet, they are still very swollen particularly around the ankles. So I have a pair of sandals and the left foot has to be fastened at the second loosest hole and the right foot at the loosest so hopefully will be able to tighten them soon.
I'm swimming but also doing specific arm exercises in the pool using a noodle as resistance weight. A woman asked me what it was good for and I said to stop gravity taking my boobs down...that made her laugh.
Chat later

Scales up and down all week but I have ended the week with a 500g loss. Wanted slightly more but am happy enough with that. I started properly recording my weight on my phone January 2019 and this is the lightest I have been in those 4.5 years. I actually feel different. It was hot and clammy out yesterday and I knew I had things to sort out in the storeroom at work so wore loose linen shirt and trousers, well I looked liked I was wearing someone else's clothes as they were loose on me.
Good timing though as my favourite online shop sent an email saying their sale has started so last night I ordered four items of clothing from them and picked medium instead of large (their sizes are quite generous anyway). Fingers crossed.
Will do full measurements tomorrow and log them and then I want set weekly goals from now to September. I was hoping to be 70kg, I'm going to change the date to 08/09/2023 as that's when darling husband has a school reunion, that gives me 10weeks. At this end of my weight loss 500g a week will be tough but will give it a go. If I can keep up the swimming it will certainly help.
Speaking of swimming ...and alert for to much information...my period just started 😏. Let me explain, I'm 55 years of age and after a constant 44 years of monthly periods they seemed to stop last September. While I had been dreading the idea of being old and the horrors of what I thought menopause would be once they stopped I actually realised the freedom it gave me. Freedom to swim whenever I wanted, to wear clothes with confidence especially white without concern of leaks, the freedom from monthly cramps, the freedom from needing emergency dashes to the loo particularly at work. So was enjoying that and then yesterday in the bathroom though oh f4ck, here we go again. So no swimming this weekend probably.
Getting up now to do more of that job application then a quick shower and off to work.
Chat later

Last edited:
Morning, and as it's Saturday I'm having a lie in, 0630 😅.
Popped on scales and have maintained yesterday's loss so that's good. Ate out for lunch in an Italian restaurant, I had meatballs on foccacia with rocket and parmesan. As per Glucose Goddess guidelines I had the rocket first, then the meatballs and parmesan and then I had some of the foccacia, about half of it. There was a balsamic glaze on it and while it was nice at the time it left a horrible sickly sweet taste in my mouth afterwards. I really am becoming quite sensitive to sweet tastes, I even had a white wine last night which tasted much too sweet, it was a dry wine.
Blood sugars overall seem a little high but my ketone readings are good and I am in mild ketosis most days so burning fat.
Got the job application finished, really don't hold out much hope for it but want my name in that hat anyway. It's pretty much an everyone knows everyone kind of organization so no harm having my name known as looking for that kind of work.
Going to get up a do some weighted hoop and then going to take full measurements and see how I am doing. Plan is to be 70kg for Sept 9th, that's 4.5kg which is doable but needs commitment and a plan.
Might go through my wardrobe again, it's overflowing. I might moves the clothes that are specifically holiday only. I have four dresses still never worn. One will wear today, I just haven't had anywhere to wear it. Second still has tags on it, it does fit me now but is much more a winter dress so I think Oscars (grandson)birthday in October, he will be 8. Third is a holiday dress so will move it. The fourth I bought before Oscar was 1 in Paris and it has never fit properly, it went on at the time but didn't fasten properly on my boobs. I might try it on today and see how it is, it's very much a summer shift dress.
Chat later

Oh Tipperary, I've just rejoined and so happy to see you're on here and doing so well:) That's great! Yes that 4.5kg is definitely doable and I know you can do it with your commitment! Good luck with the job application - they always put way too many things on their wishlist, so it's always worth applying for these things!

It's great to see you @fit4hols , it's become really quiet here. I kept nattering away to myself anyway, it's like therapy for me. I read back and see why I'm doing this.

Back