Alfielulu's CD journey

Alfielulu

Well here we go....

T minus 11 and counting

11 days till I start CD. Got to have a docs signature due to medication issues and a cautious CDC. That's ok I'd rather she was cautious that blasé.

Water intake increased to 2l a day already (she only told me Tue!) so gold star for me! There MUST be something else that can count towards the liquid intake besides water?!? It's SOOOO dull. I've ordered some green tea, mint tea and green and mint tea (wooah hold on there with the variety!) and am wondering if my favourite rooibus red leaf tea is allowed?? She said leaf not root or flower. So no camomile either. Big BOOO. (am guessing baileys is out the equation top ha ha).

I am a bit of a tea fiend so am going to treat myself to really nice teas to make up for the no food allowed sign that will be hanging above my head :)

Well the vet said my pooch needs to loose some weight too so we can diet together. But he hasn't got 3 stone to loose! ;)

Let's see what tomorrow brings .... Now what the hell am I going to eat tomorrow??

xALx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You can do it Al! :-D i get what you mean about the water! Instead of drinking moët on NYE i'll have to settle for Sparkling water :-\ not quite the same but when you think about the weight that'll be dropping off you it all becomes worth it!
I love my tea too, i always have it without milk and with algarve sweetner syrup no matter what kind of tea it is. I reckon it'd be upsetting finding out my favourite tea was out of bounds on CD so i cut it out all together! Now if i want a hot drink its literally hot water. I might add some CD water flavour when im in my 5th week!

I know i know! Hold me back im totally being a bad apple! Hehe

Good Luck with your journey! I will be following! :-D x

I have 100 pounds to loose as well! Sounds like a long haul dosent it. We can do it Ali!

geenabee said:
I have 100 pounds to loose as well! Sounds like a long haul dosent it. We can do it Ali!

Hell yes you can! :-D x

T minus 10

Well I just wrote a whole load and lost it! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :mad:

I was updating on my plan so far... this week the water increase has gone ok so far. I seem to drink it happily and absent mindedly but forget to refil it! DOH!

I am eating normally at the mo but plan to cut down the carbs using slim and save for one meal a day next week (thanks to my new diet friends I now know it exists!). This will help for prep for 9th when I see the CDC lady. She sounds nice on the phone but I am a bit over whelmed by her success and how good she has been to maintain her weight for 5 years. She must see so many people bigger and smaller than me so god knows what I am a bit scared of her!

I dont think this me-and-the-hubbie eating different things will be an issue. With his funny eating habits we practically eat seperately anyway. The only issue is his love of chocolate digestives but I could ask him to eat them on the loo with the door shut? :D

Alfie needs to loose a bit too (so the vet said) so maybe he can get trim with me. I'll def be taking him on the walks instead of leaving it up to the husband. That will help too I think.

Well roll on next year

xALx

Well I just wrote a whole load and lost it! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :mad:

I was updating on my plan so far... this week the water increase has gone ok so far. I seem to drink it happily and absent mindedly but forget to refil it! DOH!

I am eating normally at the mo but plan to cut down the carbs using slim and save for one meal a day next week (thanks to my new diet friends I now know it exists!). This will help for prep for 9th when I see the CDC lady. She sounds nice on the phone but I am a bit over whelmed by her success and how good she has been to maintain her weight for 5 years. She must see so many people bigger and smaller than me so god knows what I am a bit scared of her!

I dont think this me-and-the-hubbie eating different things will be an issue. With his funny eating habits we practically eat seperately anyway. The only issue is his love of chocolate digestives but I could ask him to eat them on the loo with the door shut? :D

Alfie needs to loose a bit too (so the vet said) so maybe he can get trim with me. I'll def be taking him on the walks instead of leaving it up to the husband. That will help too I think.

Well roll on next year

xALx

My fiance was cooking the most beautiful prawns this morning! nearly killed me-I'm glad your loosing it with your pooch :chores016: Like to hear your updates

The good news about the water is that there are some powder water flavours that your CDC can sell you. I couldnt survive without them in my sparkling water. It is a real treat in the evenings and does keep me going. My CDC wouldnt let me have them until week 3 to be sure I was well into ketosis.

I think there is a vegetable one too that you can drink hot.

See, its not all bad is it?!

xx

Rooibos tea is fine to drink on sole source and will count as part of your 4 pints of 'water' a day. :)

Never really tried it - what would you say is the best one?

I Love Love Love Teapigs.com I just love their teas and although they are expensive in comparison to supermarkets they are my treat rather than chocolate or food! Other teas similar would be dragonfly earl grey rooibus in sainsburys. I havent drunk normal tea for maybe ten years now. I am well into my herbal teas!

Oh another tea fiend,Im delighted! I miss chai and earl grey so much! This far have green and peppermint but must find different ones!

try teapigs.com for inspiration. I love my teas :) I like fennel tea too

Will do, ive had a few of their teas at a cafe near me, will have to scout at what is cd friendly!!

Oh so what tea can i not have? I have been drinking normal coffee... my CDC said tea and coffee as long as they were black were fine??

AL :) Just found your diary.... YOU CAN DO IT !!! I know you can... look forward to going through this all together.... x

i dont drink normal tea at all so I had to ask what of my many herbal teas I could drink and was left with only a few :) I avoid caffeine you see have done for years.

couldnt cope without my caffeine but I am going to go to decaff coffee and i have Decaff normal tea... is this ok you think?

Yeah, normal tea and coffee is fine, but you cant gave herbal teas that have fruit, root, or flower extracts. I hate normal tea too and most of my tea stash is cd banned. Boooo!

clairem87 said:
Yeah, normal tea and coffee is fine, but you cant gave herbal teas that have fruit, root, or flower extracts. I hate normal tea too and most of my tea stash is cd banned. Boooo!

Oh thank goodness ! Just had a mug of m&s chai is that not allowed? Also earl grey?

you'd have to check the bergamot they put in earl grey as I dont know if its classed as a flower or not....

My 2 favourites, and im afraid not allowed, my cdc said the chai is out cos it has ginger root and earl grey out cos it had citrus oils :-(

Back