Christie's Fitness Diary

I never really thought about breaking it up, nex; I kind of get "in the zone" a bit, and figure I should stick at it while I can! Some days I kind of drag myself in there and say "15 mins on stepper" as I'm really tired, but I get to 15 mins and don't feel so bad so keep at it. I guess it's self-motivation of a sort.

Fri - 65+ mins cardio, 30 mins lower body weights, stretching

"Date night" tonight, so we'll go out to dinner, no cooking, yay!! :D

Hey Christie

I miss you girl:p You are doing so well with your workouts :happy096: I am so sorry I slipped off the wagon and gain my weight back. I havent worked out for months. I guess I was taking care of everyone else except me. So Here i am starting over again and trying to get on track with my workouts. I will try to post here with you,if you dont mine. I know you will be a great inspiration for me to get back on track quickly :D Its always tough for me to start my exercise routine ,but once im in the zone, after about a week then it gets a little easier.

Once again great job on the weight loss and staying focus. You are such a winner.

Usagirl

Hiya, stranger! Good to see you back! Yes, it can happen, you can get distracted and busy and just let things go, I've done that in the past. Or gotten complacent. No more, though, I'm happy with my lifestyle now and have the results to show for it. So just give yourself a good talking to, and a big hug as well. We all know what we need to do, I think, but putting thought into words and then into action can be hard! You can do it, you know you can!

Why not start your very own fitness diary thread like Nex and I, make sure you check in every day even if you don't work out (today was an off day for me, I normally have Saturday off and then a day during the week) just to keep the habit up! Have you put together a program, do you know what you're going to do? Howz your eating?

I'm back at it tomorrow morning. ;)

:superwoman:

I pounded it today, it was great!

Sun - 100+ mins high-med intensity cardio :wow:
Stretched for about 20 mins.
:woohoo:

We were out and about yesterday, looking at Harley Davidson motorcycles (OH has a Kawasaki I hate, would rather a Harley!), went to an art gallery, bought 2 more blueberry plants for my blueberry patch (it's a super-food and reminds me of home!). It was a nice break. I didn't sleep so well last night (stress?), but was ready to go this morning, feel really tired but really GOOD! Gonna make a nice stir-fry for dinner tonight, OH likes it which is nice, it's healthy and not fatty or greasy.

Harleys are the business though, all that chrome and the grunt...cannae beat 'em...

Last edited:
Mon - 65+ mins cardio, 30 mins lower body weights, stretching.

Have to lay off the upper body stuff for a bit. I have a long-term problem with this stupid left trap, lots of knots and very sore, and it is really bugging me. I also have this overuse on my right deltoid, I think because I've been working A LOT and my deltoid has just gotten "stuck" so to speak. It's very sore. So I will keep at them both with 2x weekly massage, plus Biofreeze and occasional nurofen. :cross:

Off today, I'm trying to break up my workout days a bit more because I did overdo it a bit a few weeks back. Plus I broke a filling in a molar yesterday afternoon :doh: and have an appt at dentist this morning to get it sorted, so wouldn't have enough time to get to gym, get back and cleaned up, do some of my work email, and then off to dentist. Wish me luck, I expect to be drooling all over myself in a couple of hours! :drool:

Oooh I had a dental appointment between two gym sessions last week, it was funny...could hardly talk, but it did help the anaesthetic to wear off faster (I think!)...

Hope you're all better and rested...it does help to rest for longer from time to time I have found, I come back stronger...

Got a temporary filling repair, it just took a few mins, looks like tooth is ok (whew!), so will get it fixed next Wednesday. And covered by my dental plan as an emergency, which is cool, didn't cost me anything.

Wed - 80 mins cardio, fairly high intensity, was just in the mood (altho I woke with headache), 20 mins or so stretching.

Another good one this morning, & some new faces in the gym for people watching which was ok.

Thurs - 70 mins cardio, 20 mins or so stretching

Looks like some of the NY joiners (NY resolutions for fitness, weight loss etc) have fallen off, new faces that showed up after 1 January are not around much at all anymore.

after new year must be the busy time of year for all the people joining gyms. Shame that most fail straight away. I dont want to be one of them.

Looks like some of the NY joiners (NY resolutions for fitness, weight loss etc) have fallen off, new faces that showed up after 1 January are not around much at all anymore.

Ain't that the sordid truth...shame really, but so real...we still have new faces pouring in every day, quite exciting, but the regulars stay regular it seems, some new faces at the gym I frequent have stayed and are doing really well...some that disappeared for a bit are back again...

TGIF!

Fri - 70+ mins tough cardio (drenched my "Attitude is Everything" T-shirt!), 30 mins lower body weights, then stretching.

My right deltoid is feeling a lot better finally, going to give it a few more days off then start back to upper body 2x per week.

Have massage @ 2 this afternoon, going to podiatrist first. I've really noticed that I have calluses that build up quickly on right foot (right big toe, for example), result of that leg being a bit longer so slightly more weight on it. She'll trim things down and make them nice, it's inexpensive but worth the time.

Great massage etc yesterday, didn't even mind walking in the rain! Today's a "rest day" but I think OH wants his footie today, so I"m stuck at home feeling rather bleh. I'm doing some work atm, will prob do some house and/or garden wrok. Don't really mind the garden work, HATE the housework, used to have a cleaning lady before I moved here because I detest housework so much!

Looks like a sunny day this morning, so even more reason to get out in the garden for a bit!

Feeling rather *blech* today...just blah and tired and a bit apathetic. Went to a little "do" last night at OH's golf club, it was pretty tacky. I just drank water, not even in the mood for a drink. Wasn't in the mood for my mega workout this morning, not in the least, just stayed in bed a while and read magazines. Sun is shining, so I"m going to head out to garden and do a bit more sprucing up, I think. Get a bit of sun!

Sun is lekker (super duper lovely in Afrikaans), shame about my mood...oh well there is a new day tomorrow! And the start of new week! Yep, onwards we go...

Very stressed today...

Tues - 75 mins med/high intensity cardio, 20 mins stretching

We had guys in yesterday afternoon to put that cavity wall insulation in. What a blinking mess! They had to drill from the inside on the 1st floor rear of house, in bathroom and computer room, so we had to disconnect all my computers, printers, scanners, I've got tons of equipment in here, had to move stuff out and cover other stuff. There was red dust EVERYWHERE. Plus some tiles in bathroom cracked (in shower), which isn't a huge problem since we're going to get bathroom redone this year anyway. But the conservatory is a disaster area as well, red dust all over.

Since my 'puters were all disconnected, I didn't get any work done yesterday (took hours last night to get some cleanup done upstairs), and I only have this one system connected so far today (I need at least 2 of my systems up and running to really work effectively). So I'm in catchup mode with email work stuff and just feeling really discouraged by all the mess and upset.

:cry:

Oh pooey! Workmen do leave such a mess...yuck!

Try and de-stress somehow and tune it out...hard, but...

Back