Christie's Fitness Diary

Yep back to gym now and back on track (Octathalon training for May and rowing marathon training for July)...cough comes and goes now, but still around...way to go your immune system!!!

Back in the saddle again...:character00115:

Actually, got on the step machine and felt pretty good so did my usual cardio, worked up a terrific sweat, felt great!

Wed - 65 mins intense cardio + stretching

No sneezing, coughing, only had to blow nose 2 times. :D

Wow that is a loooong wait...ouch!

Very tired this morning, so got up @ 0630, fed the Hairy Horde, and went back to bed for an hour. Got up feeling much better! So went to gym at different time, always weird to see different people there than I'm used to seeing.

Thurs - 75 mins cardio (high intensity, it was great!), plus stretching. Too crowded for weights...:cool:

OH staying home from work again today (he calls it working from home)...drives me nuts, making noise, smoking in the sun room (which I HATE), feels like there's a foreign person in my space, lol!

Saturday is usually my day out, OH takes me out sightseeing or something, but he decided to golf instead today (and tomorrow) :flamingmad: which really, really ticks me off. :rant2: Took my frustrations out at the gym. Saturday is normally a day off for me.

Sat - 95+ :wow: hard cardio, 30 mins lower body weights, stretching. It was terrific! :superwoman:

MEN! Ach...glad you enjoyed the gym...whew 95 minutes wheee!

Yeah, my legs were screaming yesterday afternoon! :giveup:

Sun - 60 mins med-intensity cardio, had a good 25 minute session on versa climber (used to use it a lot, haven't in a while), sweated more than I intended but it was good. :wavey:

Sweating is good, as my personal trainer says, it comes from HARD WORK!

That's for sure! I measure my intensity by my breathing and sweating!

Mon - 75 mins cardio, 20 mins stretching

Going for massage this afternoon; haven't been for a couple of weeks, but need to get back in the habit, as my left trap is really knotted again and my calves have some knots as well. I call the guy who does my massage "king of pain"!

That's for sure! I measure my intensity by my breathing and sweating!

Me too, I cannot be bothered with the heart rate monitor things to be honest...although I did give them a brief thought a while back...just before I started to train hard.

I call the guy who does my massage "king of pain"!

Cor, I told my beau I was considering having a massage every so often...he freaked! Well not freaky freaked but he reacted in a manner I did not expect...gosh! I explained that I do not equate sports massage with sex or sensual stuff...he seems to read sex and sensuality into lots of things that I wouldn't even consider...man...woman...I'm starting to get worried...

Alot of men will react way its just the way we are programmed to a degree. Even thou I would be fine with this I would still have a little voice in the back of my head saying stuff lol. Maybe you should both go for one after a work out to break ice and show him its to help you... just a suggestion thou ;)

Rest day today; let the muscles relax a bit!

Massage was tough; he spent a lot of time draining my calves and upper arms, my calves are really sore. I do stretch a lot, but the lactic acid seems to really build up and not release like it should. My left trap was terribly knotty, he worked up a sweat working on it, it was torture (but in a good way!). It's sore again this morning, but I'll go back on Friday and have him work it again.

I suppose I'm lucky, my OH trusts my instincts, etc, so we don't have those types of issues. But you can always find a female massage therapist if necessary!

I do stretch a lot, but the lactic acid seems to really build up and not release like it should. My left trap was terribly knotty, he worked up a sweat working on it, it was torture (but in a good way!). It's sore again this morning, but I'll go back on Friday and have him work it again.

OUCH! Rugger players swear by an ice cold bath or shower after a hard workout, they say it rids the body of the lactic acid and also stops bruising and injury to the muscles...brrrr, don't think I could face that...nah!

But you can always find a female massage therapist if necessary!

Yep, that is what he suggested...heh!

Alot of men will react way its just the way we are programmed to a degree. Even thou I would be fine with this I would still have a little voice in the back of my head saying stuff lol. Maybe you should both go for one after a work out to break ice and show him its to help you... just a suggestion thou

Great suggestion, but he isn't one to do the massage thang...well, he'd rather spend money on other things, if you know what I mean :sigh:

I could always go for massages and not mention it...er...maybe not...

I think it would be best to get it done by a lady then. I mean if you didnt tell him and he found out dear god you would never hear the end of it as he would think you were hiding something. If not just sit him down and say can he change career and do it for you ....... :D. There must be some great guides on the net for the basic stuff and he might feel happy you asked him etc ;)

Gosh I still couldn't imagine doing 70+ minutes all in one go of cardio, I tend to rest between and do some weights to break the sessions up. Tomorrow though will be my long cardio day...almost two hours...will I make it through? I do tend to buzz more with cardio sessions though...

Back