Christie's Fitness Diary

Take the stress to your work out. I always find if I thiink of all the things I hate or make me mad I work much harder.

Sorry to hear about all the problems.

Wed - 75 mins cardio, 20 mins stretching

Went for my massage yesterday afternoon, I really needed it! Left calf has a knot in it, driving me nuts! Most of the dust is hoovered/washed up, things slowly getting back to normal, although computer room is a real disaster (but it wasn't great to begin with !).

Whew...stress more or less over...I'm getting knotty calves just now too, they really hurt, but am trying the cold bath thing and it seems to work straight home from gym I run it as cold as I can stand and massage the backs and fronts of my legs, eases the shins no end too!

Oh, I hate the cold water; it does work, but almost hurts! I've been stretching calves a lot, gently (not pulling at them!), then I stretch/massage them for a couple minutes on the power plates. When I come home and take my shower, I massage them with an aromatherapy mix my masseuse makes for me, it's an almond base (I can't tolerate grapeseed oil), has pepper, eucalyptus, peppermint, lavendar, rosemary, and a couple other things I can't remember in it. Seems to help. They are sore, but there's that one knot on the left outside that drives me nuts!

Thurs - 70 mins cardio (puff, puff!), 20 mins stretching.

I'm pretty exhausted today. My right deltoid, for some strange reason, has been painful on and off. The only thing I can figure is the overuse last week from some extended work on 'puters. I"ve left off upper body weights, and have been taking it easy, rubbing my massage oil into it, but it was terrible last night and kept me awake. The only way I could get comfortable was on my back, and I can't sleep like that! OH finally gave up and went downstairs to sleep. I took some nurofen this morning before gym and it's feeling better now, but I have no idea what is going on. :confused: So I"m knackered today, feel like I could just go right to sleep!

Sometimes muscles just complain, I pull muscles doing the most simple tasks sometimes...it can be over-reaching or just reaching up or down for something and OUCH! There is the twinge...it's an age thing unfortunately...no matter how much we want to be as young as we feel, sometimes the body just reminds us we aren't...boo!

Yeah...my head feels about 25, but my body often feels...well...my age, lol!

Fri - 75+ mins cardio (whoo hoo!), 20 mins stretching

I did a nurofen and a prescription anti-inflammatory last night, so was able to sleep, shoulder is a little better today. I think I need to readjust my computer chair & desk to make sure I have correct support on my mouse-side, I've been doing a lot of steady work lately and I think that's aggravating the crap out of my deltoid.

I've been doing a lot of steady work lately and I think that's aggravating the crap out of my deltoid.

Yes, darn repetitive strain injuries from 'puters tsk tsk!

Was going to go to gym this morning instead of Sunday morning, as OH is golfing today, but decided I needed a bit of extra sleep more than the gym time this weekend. My legs feel really sore, right deltoid still sore as well, so I think some downtime might be called for!

Downtime was good..needed the rest-up time. Felt much better @ gym this morning.

Mon - 75 mins cardio, 30 mins lower body weights, 20 mins or so stretching

Deltoid still a bit sore, but not as bad. Had filling replaced at dentist and regular cleaning, so am drooling all over myself atm :D, even cats are looking at me funny!

Tired....tired....tired. Couldn't sleep very well, brain kept spinning around. GRRR!

Tues - 75 mins cardio, 20+ mins stretching.

Got to make sure I fit into those size 12 jeans when I see my friends this weekend! They're from US, the husband and I are really close pals, worked together for quite a few years in Germany, plus they came over here for my wedding, and last June we went to Omaha for his daughter's wedding. Love them to bits, so much fun. Him and wife are here for a week's break, so I"m taking train down to London on Thurs and meeting up @ hotel, then hanging out and goofing off until Sunday, when I head back here and they go home. Can't wait! OH is staying here to play golf :mad: which really pisses me off, but at least he can take care of the cats and niece won't need to cat sit. But to be honest, I"m rather offended and hurt that he can't be bothered to go with me. Jerk.

Cor, he is a real golf monster! I would be hurt too (my OH blimmin' went to a New Year's Eve party he had been invited to by his friends after I had already said he was invited by one of my crowd of pals to hers and he had said he was coming! MEN!!!), but sometimes people just have to do their seperate things...Have fun (forget about the OH) and I am sure you WILL fit into those size 12s...

Yeah....MEN! :sigh:

Wed - 75+ mins cardio *puff, puff*, 20 mins stretching

I already fit into the jeans, but want to be sure they stay comfortable, since we'll be eating out in London. I"m pretty careful about food, though, so I"m not worried about eating there, just make smart choices! The hotel has a "full English breakfast" but I'm pretty sure they'll have stuff like cereal and fruit. If not, I"ll eat what I can there and do my usual nuts/seeds/fruit snacking.

Am really looking forward to the break, we're going shopping around Knightsbridge (Harrods, etc), and staying in the Kensington area. Train fare was pretty inexpensive :eek: which is great (more shopping $$!).

I had my massage yesterday afternoon; he thinks the 2-day break did me a lot of good at the weekend, so I'm coming to the conclusion that I'm overtraining a bit. I"m normally working out 6 days per week, but I don't think that's wise, I think I'll try to stick to the Mon-Fri routine and then rest at the weekends unless I have to take a day off during the week, then I can go on Sunday. I suppose I forget my age too, and that it takes me longer to recover...boo hoo!!

:D

Thurs - 75+ mins cardio, 20 mins stretching

I'm trying to rush through my work so I can get organized and packed, leave for train station @ noon to head to London. Can't wait to see my friends! Found the hotel on the new Google Street View (which is very very cool!), it looks nice. It'll be great to see familiar faces, hang out, go shopping (they both LOVE to shop!), eat some great food....everyone be good and I'll "see" you Monday!

Woo hoo! I'm baaaaack!

Had a terrific time seeing my friends in London, we did some sightseeing (stuff I saw already but they hadn't on previous trips), and used the tube so def got some workouts on the stairs. By Sunday my calves were so stiff :eek: ... But it was loads of fun. We went to see "Wicked" Fri night, it was a real hoot! The seats were great, loved the story and music, really great stuff. We went to see "Phantom..." Sat night, I wasn't that keen, but they wanted to see it again, and seats were total crap...don't ever sit in the 2nd balcony, unless you like not seeing anything. GRRR!

Am really behind with work so stayed at computer this morning instead of gym, but will get back to it tomorrow morning. The work has been worth it, I wore my size 12 jeans, they were amazed I had lost so much and said I looked great ( :D )...Yay!!

Cool!

It's great to have a break and enjoy stuff (not that we don't but ya know what I mean)...I too had a great restful weekend...*sigh*

Hi all...back from my (extended) week-long break. Had originally planned just to take 3 days off while I was in London last weekend, but decided I really needed some downtime, as I"ve been really pushing myself. I feel so much better!

Sun - 75 mins cardio, 30 mins lower body weights, 20 mins stretching

It was sunny when I went out to gym this morning, but looks like chilly grey weather is back. :cry:

Mon - 70+ mins cardio (I was gasping!), 20 mins stretching.

I seem to have about a 3lb window I bounce around in. I'm pretty certain it's not real weight (as in, not fat), but rather, water, glycogen, and some fiber. I eat fiber-rich diet but don't always recycle it right away, heh heh!

I'm really in a fairly bad mood today. Oh is being a real JERK. Said some hurtful and selfish things to me yesterday and when I asked him why he was talking to me like that, told me to "quit whining". That really, really winds me up. Esp since I pay the vast majority of bills, do housework, errands, etc. He works, doesn't earn much, bunks off work to play golf, doesn't pitch in. And I"m selfish. :cool:

Sorry, had to blow off some steam.

Don't be sorry, sometimes it is good to vent...

I have a six pound window and I don't fret about it as my clothes don't get any tighter as it is just the usual glycogen, water combo with me. In fact I seem to be able to fit in my same sized clothes more comfortably heavier than I did a whole back at the same weight...so it's all good!

I"m interested in the glycogen info, actually, will need go Google up some info on that.

Tues - 70+ mins cardio, 20+ mins stretching.

Shoulders feeling tense, I think because I'm still really annoyed at OH. Plus having some problems with my cats, a couple of them are not eating well, esp little Sammy (who is a bit thin anyway), and it's very worrying for me. Sammy goes to vet on Thurs afternoon for his annual checkup and will talk to her about his food. Hopefully it's just a bit of a phase.

Have massage this afternoon, can't wait! They'll be gone from this Thurs for about 10 days, my shoulders and calves will be howling by the time they're back!

Wed - 70+ minutes cardio, 20+ mins stretching

Texted our vet yesterday about Sammy, he's just not himself, so she said to bring him in this morning. She checked him tip to toe, said he should have gained more weight (he's small for his age), so wasn't really happy about that, but couldn't find anything else, no temperature, heart/lungs sound ok, etc. Tried taking blood for tests, could only get about half she needed, he was so stressed and tense. So those bloods should come back this afternoon and we'll know where to go from there. When I got home I fed everyone (they were ravenous!), and Sammy ate almost an entire dish!! I was shocked! Now he's having a kip in front of the fire. So I"m pretty stressed and trying not to be...hope all is ok for the little fellow, he's really the apple of my eye. :(

Back