diary of angie-bum, first time mum

Angie I'm so sorry they're being so insensitive ((hugs))
Really hope you can ignore them, I am also 'expanding' on the tummy front, have gone from a 14 to a 18 (now tight) jeans... Won't go up to a 20 as they're too baggy in the leg. So it'll be maternity trousers for me! lol

I have become really self concious this time around, I think because i'd worked so hard on slimming down.

We WILL be slimmer again - once we've had our precious babies, they need our waist to expand and it'll be well worth the 'trouble' :)

As for your hair, well pregnancy really will help it grow as well as it possibly can. I hope that it catches up soon, but may be worth having a 'revamp' hairstyle to shorten the length a tad to give it a head start :) And freshly cut hair generally grows better anyway. :)

I think your right about being self conscious about the weight gain. I suppose I and others would not really have thought about it, if I hadn't just lost a wheel barrow full of weight.

Anyway, have lost a lb this week, not that i am trying to lose it, just trying to keep it stable for the first half. All I have done is cut out the carb filled rubbish i am sooooo fond of =) so baby not missing out on nutrients.

nuff about that, how is everyone else? can you see your bumps yet, anyone due for a scan? anyone thinking of getting a home doppler to listen to babs heartbeat/burps/singing in the bath?

Well done on the 1lb :) baby will be fine with what you've cut out.. I'm trying the same! lol

You have done soooo well on the weight loss, taking a back burner on it now is fine, when you think of your success to date. :) ((hugs))

I did think of a doppler but think i'd be paranoid if couldn't find baby's heart etc... I would be more tempted later on I think but am not going to get one. Will just use my midwife as I should! lol
I haven't heard about my scan yet, see my midwife a week, on Tuesday - can't wait!! lol The girls were asking me about my scan this morning as they want to come, I've said they can come to my 20 weeks if they behave! lol I had spoken to hubby about this, as they'll be on school holidays so it'll be lovely for them - and by then the midwife will be doing hearbeat monitoring etc so there is not really a REAL risk of a problem is there... I hope not anyway! lol

I have also thought of a late scan - 3d, but am not sure how money will be, we are going away in August and then need to think of xmas etc.

Sorry.. have gone on! lol

Have you had any appointments through yet?

Wow your midwife is seeing you early :) Great news on having a scan date already :D I'm envious! lol
As for 'showing' I don't think I am, I think really it's bloating and my tummy getting ready, my waist has always been smaller than my 'belly' and yet it has stretched already so it's almost in line, my top tummy (tmi) is bigger too :(. I have been full of wind also so think this is partly it, but wouldn't call it the bump yet! lol that'll be tucked down in my pelvis still for a few weeks.

well no one could tell 2 weeks ago and now several people have said they can tell now. I can't get into a couple of pairs of my jeans because of my thickening waistband. I have also gone up a cup size in 2 weeks and my thighs have thickened too. But I have only put on a few pounds.

:) blooming from the start :) that's what we are! lol We'll have to post bump pics soon.. if we're brave enough! lol

I bought one of those fetal monitors last pregnancy. I was 14.5 stone and never once managed to hear the heartbeat. Was gutted as id spent £30 on it!! So be warned...

My friend is working in the scan dept just now. Hoping in a few weeks she can get me sneaked in on lunch hour for a scan, as i always think the scan looks great when there wee, and u can see the whole baby. But im just desperate to get the sexing scan to no what im having. Im determined not to waste money this time round on neutral colours that u never use when the babies born lol I remember last time round i sent OH to next the next day to buy loads of pink lol

lol at the pink shopping! lol
I'm a practical person and have had lots of foster babies in neutral clothes, I have a base amount still and gave a ton to my sister in law for her little one recently (she had a little boy 2 weeks ago).
So.. netrual will be the way for baby grows etc, though as you say with your DD, with mine (10 years ago) I was shopping in the Trafford Centre of Manchester within about 2 hours of getting out of hospital! lol My hubby was shattered, me I hit baby gap for girlie bits!! Well she didn't have a dress! lol

am feeling crabby! had scan today and it's put my progress back by a week =(
poor babs will be born even closer to chrimble.

Also the person doing the scan was having a quiet barney with a colleague, so much so I had to pointedly ask what the problem was! she also said we shouldn't take a video of the scan and they didnt let me hear the heart beat...to top that babs was sound asleep and didn't move a muscle, I was hoping to see movement. At least I saw the heart beat, but to be honest I didnt see much more than I did 4 weeks ago. I am trying to count my blessings. But I thought I might be nearer 14 weeks instead of 12 and I thought I would see babs saying hello. He/she was having a snooze hmmmmmm.

oh well least no bad news so far.

((hugs)) how unprofessional of the sonographer! That is awful!!! I'd put a complaint in, it really shouldn't be like that for anyone. :(

I'm sorry that bubs was asleep but sounds like all was well other than this, and 4 weeks will soon pass. :)

You are still a fair bit of time off of xmas, try not to stress. ((hugs)) babies will come when they're ready, not when the EDD is. Honestly, mine has shifted 4 x now, but I know.. there was a day I conceived, no one really knows when that was, and they're just guessing. when the baby is ready it'll let me know! lol
((hugs)) hang in there! :)

Thats very unproffesional. These moments are special to parents to be. Good to hear everything is well with the baby though.

oh well i am over it now....silly me for looking at youtube and seeing fabulous moving full heartbeat hearing stuff

but anyway I could see babs was a bit bigger and you could see the spine & more of the head & we did see something like an arm. So okay i will stop seeing my cup half empty

oh yes and for an update, had my test back for the downs screen and it says i am at low risk, no percentages but just low risk, so won't be going for the amnio, don't want to risk anything...so good news

baby maybe still small, but i am getting really bigger now!

that's great news about the downs screening. :) I'm avoiding it like the plague! lol whatever will be will be with me this time around. I was very different with my first though.

Glad bump is getting bigger, small baby could be just genetic, so try not to worry. I'm short but Erin was unusually long given my height, so it's not always an indicator.

Great news about the ds. Glad baba is getting bigger too.. All going well thats great

I don't think baby is unusually small, I was just meaning that my pelvis must be filling up with something cos I am not filling out anywhere else but right out front. When i put a cozzy on you can def see i am preggars....i am able to hide it with most clothes but not in my cozzy. I also dont expect baby to be small in the long run, as I am 5.9 an hubby is nearly 6 foot. I am hoping that as I have a relatively long torso to leg ratio that baby will have lots of room and i won't feel that all my internal organs are fitting into 'the space the size of an orange' !

all in all I dont really feel pregnant anymore, memory back to normal, appetite back to normal....it's only that I am starting to grow a ball under my skin that is giving it away =)

ahh sorry mistook your comment :) Baby will be a tall one for sure with you both being tall! lol
I've a friend who is 6' and her hubby 6'5".. her little ones have always amazed people for being so young but so advanced height and even walking. :)

How lovely you've a cute bump now. :) It'll soon show in everything :D happy days! :D

Glad you are feeling 'normal' again! lol

how are your veggies going? we've rain today but have had lots of sun. :)

my veggies are like triffids! had equal parts of rain and sun recently so they have taken off! my roses are looking good just waiting for the later flowers to come out. But i am mostly enjoying my hottub, set to 37 degrees it's lovely to get into on a sunny evening, i am hoping that when i am bigger it will relieve the pressure

lol mine have gone mad too! :) I put short canes in with my peas and they're already at the top! lol

Ahh as for hot tub.. well we have bought an inflatable spa.. and can't WAIT to get it up and running! possibly this weekend. :) is 37 degrees a good temp for baby.. I haven't read up on that yet, ours goes up to 40 degree's but won't take it that warm.

Hot tubs/spas/jacuzzis are generally a no-no for pregnant women, so please check with your midwife. It's not so much the temperature as the high infection risk (the higher temperature water is a breeding ground for bacteria, and you are at high risk of getting a UTI or vaginal infection which could be damaging for bubbs).

Back