ellies dukan diary the next step Cruise

Today I'm up and down ladders like a yoyo lol been sanding down the beams in the ceiling and restaining them... My calves and thighs are killing me lol just keep telling myself it's burning the fat away haha
half way through them 7 to go

Menu today is as follows

Day 47 PV
B- 1 scrambled egg with tomato chopped into while cooking , black coffee x 2
L- 4 carrot & mixed spice muffins & sweetened home made yoghurt flavoured with dukan caramel flavouring . Black coffee
D- 2 venison quarter pounders & salad
S- muffin
2 litres water

Last edited:
Day 48 PP
B- 2 scrambled eggs black coffee
L- tin of tuna, few slices of thin ham, spoonfull cottage cheese
D- Prawns marinated in soy sauce garlic & chilli flakes (very yummy)
S- cinnamon gallette filled with sweetend total yoghurt drop of orange flavouring folded over like a big fresh cream pancake :p ...... that hit the spot as its TOTM lol

2 litres water

Last edited:
Day 49 PP (2nd in row as want veg sat & sun)
B- oatbran porridge, black coffee
L- 2 scrambled eggs (1 yolk removed) & smoked salmon
D- 2 venison burgers & cottage cheese
S- home made yoghurt flavoured with dukan passion fruit flavouring

2 litres water

Last edited:
Weigh in this morning and have lost another 2lbs , very pleased with that as it's TOTM feeling much better for the 35lbs I've lost so far ;D and hoping I can hit the 13st Mark for Xmas or get my bmi into the overweight range at 12.2 would be the best Xmas present ever lol won't be long till I'm back into the winter routine with the horses and willbe a hell of a lot more exercise with 6 stables to muck out daily water buckets to carry heavy haynets etc etc it all adds up

Day 50 PV
B- oatbran porridge , black coffee
L- chicken breast, 2 slices smoked salmon & salad. Black coffee
D- 2 scallops & i think it was cress LOL grilled steak, leeks, broccoli, Grilled tomato 2 diet cokes
S- home made yoghurt sweetend & sugar free jelly powder added for flavour

2 litres water

Last edited:
Day 51 PV
B- oatbran porridge, black coffee
L- turkey chilli (turkey mince, peppers, onion, tomatoes, chilli powder) black coffee
D- chicken fajitas(chicken breast, peppers, onion, spice mix)
2 litres water

Last edited:
Have arrived at the farm today and found the builders almost completed the kitchen :D the granite worktops are going on tomorrow and then hopefully this week the appliances will all be installed. I'm getting used to doing chicken etc on the lean mean grilling machine and warming up meals in the microwave lol

OH and I have brought up all of the steelwork for the stables ... My body is aching from putting it all on the trailer then unloading it again at this end.... I'll definately sleep tonight

good news on the kitchen you'll soon be sorted and be able to sit back and think 'did we really do all that hard work & do DUKAN too' - :)

Ellie, have been following your progress and you and I started the DD only a day apart!!!! You have done fab so far especially with the move too, good going I say and I am sure you will be where you want to be by Christmas with the horses coming in for the winter!!! I also have horses but live down south where I think it might be a bit warmer, but maybe wetter!!!!!!! Keep going your goal is getting closer, I have a lot more to lose but am taking each day at a time and looking forward to being able to ride my horses again instead of driving them or working from the ground, maybe next spring!!!

i am about t start dukan diet , any tips have you found it easy and do u stop craving sweet food and carbs after few days , where did u get your recipes fom, i have got oat bran but how do u make porridgeout of it

CHRISR said:
good news on the kitchen you'll soon be sorted and be able to sit back and think 'did we really do all that hard work & do DUKAN too' - :)

Yes chris I think once I'm done I will sit back and wonder how the hell I managed it lol I've done all the work myself in the house and done all the ripping up of carpets tiles etc in the kitchen .... Hubbys just sat on his backside in his office paying for it lol.... The most he has done was yesterday moving the internal stables & unpacking his new stereo & tv

trudyc said:
Ellie, have been following your progress and you and I started the DD only a day apart!!!! You have done fab so far especially with the move too, good going I say and I am sure you will be where you want to be by Christmas with the horses coming in for the winter!!! I also have horses but live down south where I think it might be a bit warmer, but maybe wetter!!!!!!! Keep going your goal is getting closer, I have a lot more to lose but am taking each day at a time and looking forward to being able to ride my horses again instead of driving them or working from the ground, maybe next spring!!!

Hi trudy I can't see your stats as on my phone, hope the diet is going well for you too.... Even at my heaviest I was still riding my highland and my connie gelding ... The other ridden pony I only worked from the ground as she was a bit sensitive and I feared at my weight I'd make her worse. I ride very light but I'm looking forward to being able to ride more & longer without the pain i used to experience. I'd love to drive and maybe one day I will learn for when I'm too old and decrepit to ride lol I may start by taking them sledding round our fields when we are snowed in for winter.... They might be handy for taking to the local shop 6 miles away lol
Keep going on your journey it's worth it :D

sunnygal45 said:
i am about t start dukan diet , any tips have you found it easy and do u stop craving sweet food and carbs after few days , where did u get your recipes fom, i have got oat bran but how do u make porridgeout of it

Hi sunnygal , I've found it incredibly easy after the initial shock to the body and I've not really had any sweet cravings apart from a couple of days before totm last week. My chilli and bolognese recipes are really easy and based around a simple recipe that I've used for years anyway, I just bung in peppers etc to bulk it out to make it filling.... I don't feel like I miss out when hubby & son have their portion with rice or pasta as I have the other half of the pot lol

Porridge is easy all you do is put your 1 1/2 tbs or 2 if on cruise into a bowl with 1 tbs sweetners & some skimmed milk , microwave for 1 min stir leave to stand for 3 mins then if it looks dry add a little more milk and microwave for anouther 30 secs

Have a read in the recipe section there are a lot of fantastic recipes in there the muffins are a life saver for me :)

Good luck with you diet and feel free to message me if you need any help or inspiration x

Day 52 PP
B- 1 scrambled egg (wasn't very hungry) black coffee
L- 4 toffee muffins, yoghurt flavoured with dukan caramel flavouring, black coffee
D- 2 venison burgers, cottage cheese
S- muffin

2 litres of water

Last edited:
Day 53 PV
B- 2 scrambled eggs (1yolk) mushroom, black coffee
L- 4 rhubarb muffins , sweetened & flavoured hm yoghurt, black coffee
D- turkey bolognese (turkey tomatoes peppers mushrooms carrots onions & garlic)
S- muffin & yoghurt

2 litres water

Last edited:
Day 54 PP
B- 1 scrambled egg with prawns , black coffee
Mm- black coffee
L- 4 lemon & ginger muffins, hm yoghurt sweetened & flavoured with dukan passion fruit flavouring, black coffee
D- 2 griddled Cajun chicken breasts , cottage cheese
S- muffin & yoghurt

2 litres water

Last edited:
Hi Ellie, have been off the radar for a few weeks, swamped with work commitments but I just had a good old nosy through you diary and you really are a formiddable woman. I admire your get up and go. Glad the renovations are going so well,despite the tile trauma. Did you find another design?

You are doing so well on Dukan, something tells me you'll be unwrapping a present to yourself of another goal achieved on Christmas Day! :)Xx

Hi lausanne , thank you... Think my get up and go has got up and gone today lol I did find another design and the company I got them from were trying to get my first choice for me and swap if they could... Got a call on Monday to say they could but it would be 10 days delivery :-( as the floor was almost complete I thought that would be too long to wait as only the wall tiling was to be done and the appliances connected up. Builder wasn't here to ask when he finished yesterday he said he wouldn't be back till next week so I could have got them grrrr

Diet is going very well and I'm extremely happy with how I'm looking so far :) can't wait to get down the road and on the scales on Saturday to see how I'm doing :D

Day 55 PV
B- 1 scrambled egg , prawns, black coffee
L- 4 carrot & mixed spiced muffins, yoghurt sweetened & flavoured with dukan caramel flavouring, black coffee
D- 2 venison burgers, prawns, tomato, mushroom & carrots
S- muffin & yoghurt
2 litres water

Oooh, venison burgers sound yummy - forgot we could have venison!!!!

The tesco ones are half price just now at £1.06 for 2 quarter pounders ;-) and very nice

Back