ellies dukan diary the next step Cruise

You're a one woman whirlwind! :p Hope the work is coming on nicely. How many horses have you? I love horse-riding, not so keen on the mucking out. :p It's been years since I've been though it's such an expensive hobby! :)Xx

Kitchens getting there.... Carcasses are all in and I think the next step is building a surround to enclose the Rayburn and line the alcove. Then the flooring will go in. Templates are being done on Monday for the granite work surfaces then they will be fitted the following week then the tiles can be done on the Walls :D

I have 6 horses atm, 1 highland pony, 1 Connemara gelding, 2 Connemara mares, a 2 yo Connemara filly and a connenara filly foal. I also have another foal due next year :D

Day 39 PV
B- 2 scrambled eggs (only 1 yolk used) & chopped tomato , black coffee
Mid morning- black coffee
L- 4 warm carrot & mixed spice muffins, home made sweetened yoghurt, black coffee
D- beef bolognese made using x lean steak mince, tinned tomato, onions, mushrooms, yellow pepper & herbs
S- muffin

2 litres of water

Last edited:
Whoever invented woodchip wallpaper needs shot :( and whoever decided to put it between wooden beams on a ceiling needs their head looked at :(

End of rant :p

Day 40 PP
B- 2 scrambled eggs (only 1 yolk) cooked with sliced turkey mixed in it, black coffee
L- 4 warm lemon & ginger muffins , home made sweetened yoghurt , black coffee
D- chicken, cottage cheese
S- sf jelly , yoghurt muffin

2 litres water

Last edited:
Day 41 PV
B- oatbran porridge , black coffee
L- 2 scrambled eggs (1yolk) tomato & turkey slices, black coffee
D- mince in a bolognese sauce made with tomato, peppers & mushrooms
S- home made yoghurt & sugar free jelly

Extra black coffee mid morning 1 litre water

Last edited:
Busy couple of days here at the house :) was scraping woodchip and Walls most of the day yesterday. Today builders been in again and built a surround around my Rayburn stove and plastered the remaining Walls and the alcove .... To say I was a bit overwhelmed would have been an understatement when I seen it this evening as had been working outdoors in the barn all afternoon :D he has made a real feature of something that was very ugly before

Woodchip is the work of the devil lol

Waiting on a delivery today so no idea what im going to to eat lol if they are here soon i can grab some prawns or something out the supermarket on the drive home. I only have eggs left , yoghurt & cottage cheese lol

Day 42 PP
B- oatbran porridge black coffee
L- chicken & cottage cheese
D- Smoked block fish & cottage cheese
S- home made yoghurt sweetened & flavoured with DD passion fruit syrup

Last edited:
Got any pictures yet? I agree woodchip is the work of the devil. I had to remove it from the walls on one of the bedrooms here and they appear to have stuck it on bare plaster with the devils glue! The steamer didn't even touch it. I had bits of that stuff for months later, appearing in places I didn't even realise had been got.

Hope your delivery arrived and you got to eat :)

On way there today again with a van and trailer load of the horses stuff... Boy have u collected a load lol will pick up the camera when I'm there and post pics later as we are driving straight back down again and going out for dinner this evening.

Weighed myself this morning another 2lbs off :D 33 in total now

Day 43 PV
B- 2 scrambled eggs (1 yolk)
L- carrot & mixed spice muffins total yoghurt sweetened and spread on muffins to make them cream cakes lol, black coffee
D- prawns, steak, carrots cabbage mushrom & tomato

Last edited:
Brilliant if you can do a diet plan whilst renovating and moving house + looking after a family you are one determined and focused lady - well done Ellie x

OH i forgot - all those horses - my daughter had ONE when she was younger OMG what hard work much prefer a goldfish (our Spiros is 12 yrs old) LOL x

The horses are quite neglected ATM lol not that their complaining about standing in a field eating all day long

got all the horses stuff that we are not using/needing moved yesterday so thats just what we need to take from this house , the horses & whats left of their stuff to take when we finally move.
have been a busy bee this morning baking muffins... ive made lemon & ginger, carrot & mixed spice , rhubarb & cinnamon... these smell yum. Also got my yoghurt maker on the go as ive now ran out by using the last of my stash in the muffins LOL. will make some meals this evening after ive been shopping :)

Day 44 PP
B- oatbran porridge, black coffee
L- 2 egg omlette, lean ham & a black coffee
D- oven baked salmon

2 litres water

Last edited:
Back up in Aberdeen at the farm today well stocked up with food :) had the granite company in today doing the templates for my worktops :D they are ring fitted next Monday ... It's all starting to come together now :) been searching for ages for wall tiles and finally found ones I like ... Went to order them today and was hit with the bad news that they are out of stock and not getting more untill end of year and can't garentee that I would get them as they have 35 orders on back order for them :( I'm so gutted as it's the first tile I've said I've liked in weeks of looking lol

Day 45 PV
B- left over oven baked salmon & grilled tomato
L- 4 rhubarb & cinnamon muffins , total yoghurt sweetened & flavoured with caramel
D- cottage pie made with x lean mince, onion & carrot topped with turnip
S- 1 rhubarb & cinnamon muffin

2 litres water

Last edited:
Woke up with a really sore head this morning :( probably as I was up till after 12 last night scraping the last of the woodchip & paper off the family area then alarm went off at 7.30 . Early to bed this evening I think !! Did want to paint stable & barn doors today and do some of the fence but it's persisting down and high winds again so think I'll have to rub down some of the ceiling beams and stain them not sure that will help the head though. Food planned for today as follows

Day 46 PP
B- salmon, black coffee
L- 4 ginger & lemon muffins sweetened home made yoghurt flavoured with dukan passion fruit flavouring , black coffee
D- 2 Cajun chicken breasts griddled on lean mean grilling machine & cottage cheese
S - ginger & lemon muffin

2 litres of water

Last edited:
Gosh what a blow re the tiles! Fancy staying up so late doing DIY! You must be burning up loads of calories!

I usually stop and clean up around 10 but while I had the steam stripper going I just wanted it finished toilet everything dry out for painting. The sun came out so I went out to do the stable doors... Came back in after doing 2 as I couldn't feel my hands ... Dare I say it the wind out there is cold enough for snow :( the granite man said yesterday it's forcast this week :eek: it better not as I don't have the 4x4 here with me and my furniture and internal stables are arriving this week

Back