JanD's Maintenance Diary. Week 15 onwards

I know it's not a good idea to weigh all the time but I think if I didn't have any working scales to get on, at least occasionallly, I'd go to pot!

I've had a nice day thanks - I'm really tired now though, I'm actually nodding off sitting here lol! Another early night I think. xx

So today Tuesday 24th November - I've had ...

Breakie - 2 weetabix, blueberries, splenda, skimmed milk.
Snack - 3/4 of a banana
Lunch - Wholemeal wrap with ham salad
Then I did that horrible thing of tasting the baby's lunch - you know, make sure it's not too hot - lick the drip off the bottom of the spoon - Don't lie - we ALL do it ;) so I guess all in all I had a couple of teaspoons of spaghetti hoops with sausages AND a couple of licks of fromage frais (NOT low fat - really creamy actually!)
Tea- Bird's Eye crispy chicken, half a baked sweet potato and some stir-fried veg.

Having some vino :eek: .... I'd be a stick insect if I didn't drink! ;) xx

:party0036::giggle: xx

Why just three quarters of a banana?................lol.
I couldnt leave a quarter, I am too greedy for that.

Hope you enjoyed the wine Jan.

Maybe she breaks the end off? I do that too .... :giggle: so ends up being more like 3/4s rather than a whole banana :)

Why just three quarters of a banana?................lol.
I couldnt leave a quarter, I am too greedy for that.

Hope you enjoyed the wine Jan.

Ha Ha! The 1 year old ate the rest Mary - I wouldn't have left it either!!

I did enjoy the wine thanks :)

Had a piece of bread with slice of ham on it before I went to bed last night. We've got some gorgeous bread at the moment. DH works near a Morrison's sometimes and they do their own sunflower & pumpkin seed bread - it's gorgeous! Trouble is it's thick sliced so each slice is 119 cals but it's worth it! xx

Looking good Jan. thanks for the comment. Yes i was wrecked this morning muscles ache everywhere but its also i nice feeling. Your doing well this week and some of the babies dinner isnt to bad compared to some picking we can do. Hope tomorrow goes well. xxx

Wednesday 25th November

Brunch (long story) - Chicken salad wholemeal wrap with extra light salad cream. Pear

Plum

Tea - Pollock a la Bordelaise with 2&1/2 baby new pots and carrots.

Have brought to work another wrap - same as above and a plum.

At the moment eating 'proper' meals seems to have helped with the picking although I've been busy as well which always helps - these 3 work nights will be the test because this is when I'm usually rooting around for something and it's when I'm at my mother's more ..... I don't know whether it's a throwback from childhood but in my mother's I always have a feeling of 'what can I eat'!! My sister is the same. Probably something to do with Mum always feeding us up - she's always been the same.
Ah well - it's MY choice at the end of the day. xx

Wednesday 25th November

Brunch (long story) - Chicken salad wholemeal wrap with extra light salad cream. Pear

Plum

Tea - Pollock a la Bordelaise with 2&1/2 baby new pots and carrots.

Have brought to work another wrap - same as above and a plum.

At the moment eating 'proper' meals seems to have helped with the picking although I've been busy as well which always helps - these 3 work nights will be the test because this is when I'm usually rooting around for something and it's when I'm at my mother's more ..... I don't know whether it's a throwback from childhood but in my mother's I always have a feeling of 'what can I eat'!! My sister is the same. Probably something to do with Mum always feeding us up - she's always been the same.
Ah well - it's MY choice at the end of the day. xx

I'm the same at my grandmas - always used to go there when little and always got fed well and now when i go there i automatically look in the fridge - admittedly theres nothing in there now that i'd eat so always settle for a bit of fruit as theres always lots of that but i think you're right about your mums :)

Oh and glad your picking has stopped mrs :) xxx

I totally agree with you Jan, I think 3 good sensible, healthy, hearty meals a day definitely stops the picking.

Well done, you are doing much better.

Well done on not picking. Im the same in my gran's she's always trying to feed me she's so funny. Your right about it being your choice just it gets to be routine and thats the killer to get out off. You will do it thou its just gonna take some getting used to a new routine needs to start and your already on your way to deleveloping that. Brain slow so i apologise if i spell funny or say stupid things ( i do this even wen ive had a proper sleep i know haha)

Funny isn't it how people equate feeding with giving love. Age old tradition I suppose.

I DID have the crust of Mum's wholemeal nimble this morning with clover on it - but it WAS nimble and it WAS tiny ... Ha Ha - the bread was fine - it was the clover I shouldn't really have had!

Thursday 26th November

Breakie - 2 weetabix, blueberries, splenda & skimmed milk

Bed all day

Tea - I'd slow cooked stewing beef with carrots & leeks in beef stock and seasoning. I put some lentils in it to try to thicken it but I can't seem to master this thickening stuff in the slow cooker lark ... it was broth again - not stew. There was rather a lot of it but DH & I ate it between us and then soaked up the juice with a piece of that lovely sunflower and pumpkin seed bread. I did feel I'd eaten too much - but it was lovely!

I've brought a ham salad wholemeal wrap with extra light salad cream and a plum to work. xx

I tried doing that the first lots of times I used it. It was only successful with bisto granules and even then it would have been better in a pan with some heat. I think possibly half the problem is I put too much liquid in. I've got a couple of slow cooker books - I must have a look and see what they say. I always mean to but I never think on before I'm using it again (ifswim!)

I've had 3 squares of wholenut chocolate but I'm not puttin a :eek: because it's last weeks 'milky way' .... I thought 'you fancy it - have it and see what happens' .. so far so good - I haven't wanted to go and find summat else.

Have a good sleep Mary xx

You're doing very well. that chocolate wont hurt not like you ate much and if it stops a binge then its brilliant. Ive only used a slow cooker once, think the trick is to put only a tiny bit of liquid and all veg etc and it turns to liquid. Not an expert thou haha!

Thats definitely an improvement on the chocolate front Jan, hopefully your demons are behaving themselves for you.

Get that book out woman when you are nights and get some nice hearthy healthy recipes ready for next week.

Are you nights again tonight chick?

Share some slow cooker recipes with me ....... i nagged my mum to bring ours home from the caravan and she finally has but i havnt used it yet ...... pwease?!!! :giggle:

Yep am on nights Mary!

As for recipes Tan ... as I say I have books but I haven't looked at them yet - the recipe I use is 'cut it all up chuck it all in'! :)

I think half my problem with the liquid is that while I know you're supposed to put in about half of what you'd use by another method in my (admittedly limited) experience anything not 'under water' so to speak dries out and goes all hard. I think this MAY be because it's on too long? But there's nothing I can do about that, I put it on (low) last thing before I go to bed in the morning and DH turns it to 'warm' when he gets in. Eeeeeee I don't know! ;) xx

Back