JanD's Maintenance Diary. Week 15 onwards

Sainsbury's & Morrison's are the only ones that have had the smallest tins in the last few months. Tesco have the big ones. I haven't looked in Asda lately xx

Well that'll teach me ..... that meal I got from Aldi .. the chicken was tough, there wasn't any bacon, there were about 2 pieces of leek, a few little carrots and a load of little potatoes. The gravy was as salty as hell and don't just take my word for it - I gave the spuds I left to the dog, I don't know why really because I never normally give her any leftovers. Anyway she ate them and went straight to her water bowl and drank it dry!! My stomach now feels really bloated too. That'll teach me to be so flippin' lazy! A nice salad would have been far more enjoyable!

Ah well at least I know not to get it again! :) xx

:giggle: nevermind jan!!! xxx

Finished off tonight with a slice of ham wrapped round a cheese string ... that tasted really salty too!!!! Dunno what's going on :eek:

I've a busy day tomorrow. Looking after 1 yr old grandson in the morning who'll be joined by his 21/2yr old brother at lunchtime till about 4pm. That should sort out my inactivity ;) - I'll see you tomorrow evening if I'm conscious ;) xx

Oh well Jan, we must try everything once and if we dont like it, we know not to get it again.

I had a couple of pesto sauces from Aldi a few weeks ago, I have only had one, it was quite nice, but quite oily.

Good luck with the babysitting.

Thank you Iris :) ...... **deep breath** Well I've put on another 1.4lbs ... seems to be my number - that's 3 1.4lb gains on the trot! :)

Much as I'd like to say I'm fine with that and it'll all even itself out I'm actually disgusted that I couldn't curb what was going on ....

HOWEVER!! I am determined to stop with the 'fat' negative thinking and start to try to think like a thin positive person ... though I have to say I'm not entirely sure exactly how to do that. (Looking forward to the next newsletter Iris ;))
The first thing I've done is change the name of my blog from 'keepingthe-weightoff' to 'keepingslim' .. I THINK that's along the right lines. And I'm going to try to think in terms of making healthy keepingmeslim choices instead of 'what can I have' (whilst thinking what I can't have!)

I did start off along these lines but I've lost my way somewhere. I guess it'll take some time to shed the 'fat person' attitude :eek:. Bear with me :) xx

Hi Jan
Well, at least you were brave enough to weigh yourself, not like cowardly me :) You know the damage now, and well, you can now arm yourself with your "sword" and fight the good fight ;-) Oh, sounds very spiritual:) :)

So, I dont have any doubts you can do this Jan. You had your holiday, etc...so, now it is countdown to Christmas (and all the other lovely things you have organised beforehand). Keep focussed and yes, I think what we read in the newsletters are great, but it is harder putting them into practise but I do BELIEVE they are achievable...it is us that need to believe in ourselves.

No more fat thoughts,,only nice, slim ones :)

Well that'll teach me ..... that meal I got from Aldi .. the chicken was tough, there wasn't any bacon, there were about 2 pieces of leek, a few little carrots and a load of little potatoes. The gravy was as salty as hell and don't just take my word for it - I gave the spuds I left to the dog, I don't know why really because I never normally give her any leftovers. Anyway she ate them and went straight to her water bowl and drank it dry!! My stomach now feels really bloated too. That'll teach me to be so flippin' lazy! A nice salad would have been far more enjoyable!

Ah well at least I know not to get it again! :) xx

Well Jan....hahaha......processed food..ahhaha...sorry! I am like Mary, where I prefer to cook from scratch, even although I work till late, etc...I just prefer to know what is in my food and I hate all the e numbers, etc.....

come on Jan, get in that kitchen and cook, cook, cook :) I always think that if I cook from scratch I can probably eat a bit more because it is nicer and I am able to determine what to put in it, so in some ways it is better..oh, does that make sense!

I am teasing you too though, cause I know it isnt always easy cooking from scratch, but if you do it more often than not, it will become a habit and I bet you actually save money too as you can do a big batch and freeze it, etc.

Anyway, hope you dont think I am being horrid :) Poor dog, that's all I can say..hhahahaha..

I coped a lot better than I expected to today I must say! :) Was REALLY hungry when I got in though so I've eaten earlier than usual tonight.

Breakie - granola, blueberries & skimmed milk

Lunch - I took a maintenance bar with me, had that and later a pear and a nectarine as snacks.

Tea - Chicken breast stuffed with lf cream cheese & chives and a HUGE mixed salad with a little fat free italian dressing.

Few voddies tonight. xx

owwwwwwwwwwww i so want a vodka and diet coke :drool: have one for me Jan! :( *sniff sniff*

soooooorrrrrrreeeeeeeeeee xxx but will do ;) xxx

Hi Jan

Glad to hear you had a better day today....it takes a lot of will power...I am realising that. I am fine all day; in fact could eat absolutely nothing all day...just not interested in food, BUT, night time...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...no sooner have I finished my dinner when I start to think..MMMM...I fancy something else.

It doesnt help that DH is sitting munching into a big packet of crisps :-( He has his massive big tupperware box with all his goods in it...hahaa....ah, well, never mind..if I fancy something, I can have a Pepsi Max :0) I know it isnt very healthy, but it takes away the need to eat something sweet!! One day, I will wean myself off the stuff....nasty.....

Hope I didnt offend you with my teasing about cooking from scratch!!!!!!!

Ha Ha - I'm a bit thicker skinned than that Iris although I did think 'you'd think I never cooked anything'!! LOL :)
I admit we've had a lot of fish lately and any fish we have has to be frozen except for salmon or tuna because I can't handle (literally) fish, but they don't have additives and frozen is just as good - if not better in some cases than 'fresh'. The meal I had last night wasn't a good idea admittedly but I can't remember the last time I had a 'ready meal'. I've used the Diet Chef pouches but they are organic, natural, no additives or preservatives .....
I didn't mention anything earlier because I didn't want to sound defensive when I knew there was no offence meant. (Better not have been anyway ;)) xx

It's being on the laptop keeps my mind/hands off food in the evenings ;) x

phew :)
I didnt want you to think I was being santimonious.....I know what you mean about fish...I still struggle handling it. Only started eating fish this year...ok with salmon, but anything with eyes, etc...ahhh...still struggle..usually dont touch it if I can help it! So, understand 100%

Have any of you ever tried the cobbler fish from Tesco fish counter?

It comes in white or smoked.
When I buy the smoked, its all cleaned, filleted and gutted, just wash it and steam it for about 10 minutes its lush. Or I buy the white one, I dip that in beaten egg and dip in breadcrumbs then bake in the oven for about 12 minutes.

Its called smoked vietnamese river cobber, or just white river cobbler, its all boneless and skinless, and just tastes like cod, slightly milder - but the beauty is its half the price or less.

Yeah you've mentioned that before Mary and I do fancy it but I couldn't do the washing/dipping etc .... maybe could get DH to do it ... hmmmmm xx

Just a quick swill under the running tap Jan, but good idea, get your OH to do it for you......lol.

It really is tasty.

Just had about 100cals worth of tapas (too spicey for me) and 2 pickled cornichons. xx

Have any of you ever tried the cobbler fish from Tesco fish counter?

It comes in white or smoked.
When I buy the smoked, its all cleaned, filleted and gutted, just wash it and steam it for about 10 minutes its lush. Or I buy the white one, I dip that in beaten egg and dip in breadcrumbs then bake in the oven for about 12 minutes.

Its called smoked vietnamese river cobber, or just white river cobbler, its all boneless and skinless, and just tastes like cod, slightly milder - but the beauty is its half the price or less.

No, Mary, never heard of it, but I dont shop in Tesco...will see if I can see it in either Morrisons or Sainsburys....

Back