JanD's Maintenance Diary. Week 15 onwards

Wed 30th Sept (where's September gone???!!!)

Breakie - granola with blueberries & skimmed milk

Lunch - (at swimming pool after an hour's splashing about ;) ) cottage cheese, tomato, cucumber & beetroot (it's 4 items for £2.40;))

snack - summer fruits maintenance drink

Tea - Tilapia fillet with large mixed salad. Ff from frais with sugar free jelly crystals.

Work - a pear, 2 plums and a cottage cheese salad.

I went to the chemist to pick up a few maintenance products this afternoon. I wasn't really planning on getting weighed because a) I've been on holiday, b) it was late afternoon and I've only ever got weighed there first thing in the morning, and c) If I'd been planning on getting weighed I'd have worn different clothes!
However he seemed to just assume I'd be getting weighed - so I did and since I was last there (17th August so about 6 weeks?) I'd gained 1.4lbs (There's that ruddy 1.4 AGAIN! ;)) I was quite plesed with that - it leads me to believe I must have lost a bit in the last few days too - which can only be good :):) xx

I dont know about Sainsburys, but Morrisons where I live dont sell it Iris.

Will be venturing into Tescos today, so might have a look, although, not sure whetehr I want to carry fish on the train home :) haha....mmmm...well, actually, if I do, I might get a seat all to myself :)!!!!

Wed 30th Sept (where's September gone???!!!)

Breakie - granola with blueberries & skimmed milk

Lunch - (at swimming pool after an hour's splashing about ;) ) cottage cheese, tomato, cucumber & beetroot (it's 4 items for £2.40;))

snack - summer fruits maintenance drink

Tea - Tilapia fillet with large mixed salad. Ff from frais with sugar free jelly crystals.

Work - a pear, 2 plums and a cottage cheese salad.

I went to the chemist to pick up a few maintenance products this afternoon. I wasn't really planning on getting weighed because a) I've been on holiday, b) it was late afternoon and I've only ever got weighed there first thing in the morning, and c) If I'd been planning on getting weighed I'd have worn different clothes!
However he seemed to just assume I'd be getting weighed - so I did and since I was last there (17th August so about 6 weeks?) I'd gained 1.4lbs (There's that ruddy 1.4 AGAIN! ;)) I was quite plesed with that - it leads me to believe I must have lost a bit in the last few days too - which can only be good :):) xx

Eh - that is great Jan, and I doubt it would be 1.4 if 1) you had weighed in the morning and 2) if you had other clothes on!! So, take of 0.4lb I would say :) :) but come on, 1.4lb (I know, your dreaded number) in all those weeks!!!!!! WELL DONE MRS!!!!!

You have been so careful though the past week and been very proud of you ;-)! That will keep you going.....I bet you feel proud and determined.

Have a great day!!!!!!!

Excellent news Jan and as Iris says, you will be heavier in the afternoon and also difference clothes, so probably about .4 of a gain - brilliant, you are doing great.

wow jan! What an achievement!!! You're amazing :D hehe xxx

Thanks guys ..... I'm not there yet but haven't been picking as much!

Breakie - late getting to bed so sort of had 2 :eek: - one was a maintenance choc whip and the other 1&1/2 pieces of bread with lf cheese spread & a slice of brie.

Bed all day.

Tea - Shoulder of lamb done in slow cooker with carrots & stock with half a baked sweet potato. Lf from frais with sugar free jelly crystals.

Work - I've brought the rest of the lamb, salad & a piece of bread with lf spread.

I'm trying eating more substantial meals hoping that'll curb the picking instead of living on salads. I don't really like feeling so full though - it feels like I'm eating too much but it doesn't look like too much when I write it down! ..... We'll see ;) xx

I mainly try to have a good substantial meal Jan, I much prefer that and it certainly stops me picking.

Its all trial and error, just getting and finding out our bodies and how they work. You would think at OUR age we would know our bodies, but I dont think we ever truly will lol.

Ha Ha - I know what you mean .... I know the bad bits well enough though!! :)

It feels like I'm having too many carbs though .. again we'll see, trial and error as you say xx

Hi Jan

I think when it gets colder as well our body craves some heat and some stodge, albiet good stodge :)

I dont like that full up feeling either, but I think sometimes I eat too quickly as well, so it makes me feel so much fuller quicker..make sense.

I think you are doing really well and having more substantial meals will make all the difference in the picking dept....

Thanks Iris - fingers crossed.

Friday 2nd October.

Had a piece of bread & jam before I left work. :(

Breakie - 2 weetabix, blueberries, splenda & skimmed milk - small piece toast with clover.

Bed all day
Woke up early and was hungry so had a slimfast snack bar.

Tea - Pollock fillet with brocolli & potato dauphinoise with cheese & ham. Ff from frais with pear & plum.

laughing cow light at my mother's

Work - Smoked salmon fillet with salad, piece if bread & low fat spread, a plum.

I think I'm eating too much though :eek: xx

Edit ... 2 sqs of whole nut :(

Last edited:
I would say your meals are fine Jan, its just that little picking finger has lifted its little head again today - time to pat it gently back down girl.

Saturday 3rd October

Breakie - 1 weetabix, raspberries, splenda & skimmed milk. 1 pc toast half with houmous & half with brie.

Bed all day

Tea - apple & cottage cheese with onion & chives

supper - 3 oatcakes, 2 with houmous & 1 with brie. SLimfast snack bar.

Some sat night wine :eek: xx

Last edited:
You didnt eat much yesterday either Jan. Some days I just dont fancy eating much, then other days I could eat everything in sight!

I wonder if its a nightshift thing!!!

Hmmmm ... Mary when you consider I was only up from 6pm-ish till 1 am-ish I probably ate enough if not more than enough.

Sunday 4th October

Breakie - 2 weetabix, raspberries, splenda & skimmed milk

small apple

Lunch - (out) Half a bacon sandwich (no spread)

Tea - Smoked haddock, poached egg & stir fried veg. Fish was FULL of bones which REALLY puts me off. I persevered but now I feel really sick :( DH feels okay but he's got a cast iron stomach.

Having a few voddies tonight.

Went for a lovely walk in a country park this afternoon - about 3 - 4 miles. Trying to milk the last out of the 'summer' :) xx

Edited to add - a snack bag of YAWYE friut & nut mix. x

Last edited:
eww fish with bones - cant believe you persevered! The minute i find a bone i dont eat any more. The same with satsumas and clemintines, the minute i find a pip i dont eat anymore of that one, or the batch for that matter ... weird huh!

glad you had a nice day out Jan, its been miserable weather here today!

It's been really changeable here but we deffo got the best out of the day.

I'm the same with bones Tan believe me - I was so hungry I persevered but I don't know whether it's some reaction to that is why I'm feeling sick or what - I really feel as though I won't be hanging onto the fish though :eek: xx

How are you Jan? Oh, the fish sounds awful.......I am the same when it comes to bones, reason why I wouldnt eat fish for years....one or two bones, ok, can deal with now, but not a fishful!!!! Poor you.

Good that you got outside into the fresh air; it was changeable here yesterday. One minute sun out then the next, pouring down!

Thanks for asking Iris - I've been up and down today tbh. I did discover that the soy sauce I've been using went out of date in 2005! Don't know whether that's got anything to do with it. DH did comment I seemed to have more than usual on my dinner and that was before I noticed the date on it, only saw that today. I don't know.
How are you dong now hon?? Feeling any better about things?

Went to the swimming pool again today, did just over an hour - still can't call it swimming but it's certainly better than sitting on my backside! DH & I took Mum shopping and then had a nice glass of wine in a sheltered spot in the sunshine outside a pub near her house.

Breakie - 2 weetabix, raspberries, splenda & skimmed milk.

Lunch (at pool) - Spoonful of tuna & mayo, tomato, cucumber & beetroot.

Half a mini muffin in sainsbury's cafe (50cals)

Tea - Stir fried pork & vegetables in chop suey sauce with a shake of 'the food doctor's spicy stir fry mix' on top. (NO soy!)

Supper - 4 oatcakes, 2 with houmous & 2 with brie.

Oh by the way - can't believe I nearly forgot LOL! Lost 2.8lbs this week! :)

Having some wine tonight xx

Last edited:
wahey!!!!!!!! well done on your loss this week jan!!! :D bet you are well pleased :)

You are as bad as my mum and grandma, they used to have tins dated back to 2002/2003 untill a few months ago when they both cleared out their cupboards :sigh:

Be careful on that one jan, hope you've thrown it away now :D xxx

Back