JanD's Maintenance Diary. Week 38 onwards.

Nice menu Jan. When are you back in work?

Well done Tanya, I would have told the boyfriend to make his own way home......lol

Lol! - Very irritating when you're stone cold sober!! x

I'm in next wed thur & fri Mary. I should have been in this weekend but the family have gone away so i did wed & thur instead and had last night off. Nice to have Easter off but the money would have been good!! x

We dont get any extra for Bank Holidays, because of the shift pattern, its all included in the salary - well thats what they say anyway!!

We got a letter today too, no annual increase in our salary again (second year running) but we got a small bonus. Bloody stinks, but at least it nearly paid for the holiday.

Do you two work at the same place or summat?! x

No Tan but that would be nice ... a bit awkward as we're about 200 odd miles apart but still ...... :p

Mary they can get away with murder when it comes to pay and annual leave worked out pro rata and over a shift pattern as it would take a Philadelphia lawyer to work out whether it was right or not!! I get a basic wage which is always the same but then I get night enhancements which change for sundays & bank holidays - so this would have been a good weekend to work! :) xx

Do you two work at the same place or summat?! x

LOL, no I work in Highways, Jan works in care (I think)

No Tan but that would be nice ... a bit awkward as we're about 200 odd miles apart but still ...... :p

Mary they can get away with murder when it comes to pay and annual leave worked out pro rata and over a shift pattern as it would take a Philadelphia lawyer to work out whether it was right or not!! I get a basic wage which is always the same but then I get night enhancements which change for sundays & bank holidays - so this would have been a good weekend to work! :) xx

Absolutely Jan, they are all crooks.

:giggle: I just assumed you did from some of the things you twos say like LOL

xxx

Naw - it's just a night-worker thing Tan .... you'll soon catch up ;) xx

BTW - yes I do work in care .. xx

2 of "My Boys" :):):) They MUST get those good looks from me ;);):p

Sunday 4th April

Didn't have any breakie as i got up so late :)

Lunch - Tesco finest lentil & tomato soup & a wholemeal roll
2 pears throughout the afternoon

Tea - baked salmon, salad & vlf salad cream

V&Cs

Have booked a week in Olu Deniz in turkey 17th May - good incentive - can't wait!! :):):) xx

Last edited:
Aww what a lovely photo, I love their little Thomas outfits, they sure do look cute.

Jan, you dont seem to have very much on your menu today, I hope you are going to have something else later.

Woohoo, well done on the Olu Deniz booking, I am sure you will love the Turkish hospitality.

I'm sure i will Mary - I can't wait.

I don't FEEL as though i haven't had much today ... probably because by the time I'd showered and got ready I didn't come down till after 1pm but no doubt I WILL have some sort of snack later ;)

Are you working again tonight?

Yes last shift, then off until Friday dayshift. Weigh in Tuesday, then I will probably start a re-feed for the holidays next weekend.

Sounds good Mary .... not long till those jollies!!! :) xx Hope you have a good night x

Took your advice Mary (any excuse ;)) Had a wholemeal roll with phili light and cucumber for supper .... vey nice it was too :) xx

Mmmm sounds lovely. Glad you had a little bit more. I also took your advice last night and managed to get my 3 shakes in, plus the small Easter cake.

There's a good girl! :):)

Lost 3.8lbs ... not too bad I'll try to keep it up!! :) Out for lunch today ... :) x

ahhhh lovely photo of your boys Jan :)

and well done on the loss!!!!! :D

Back