JanD's Maintenance Diary. Week 7 onwards

Monday 3rd August

Breakie - was going to be really good today so started off with fruit (nectarine, small pear & fig) with ff from frais.

Lunch - Was supposed to be sharing a panini with my cousin who's been staying with us, at a local tourist attraction - but we couldn't decide what filling to have so ended up getting one each and splitting them :eek:

Snack - small pear

Tea - Baked salmon with dill & lemon and roasted veggies.

snack - slimfast snack bar, 1 oatcake with goat's cheese.

Drinks - water (about a litre), wine :eek: & black coffee.

Last edited:
Jan, stupid question & am sorry but how do you roast yer veggies? Im getting a little tired of boiled veggies :S

Not a stupid question at all Tan - it took loads of trial and error to get it right! I used to try to roast hard veggies like carrots and swede with aubergines etc and couldn't understand why some were rock 'ard and some like mush! LOL!

Now I choose things of a similar consistency eg. tonight I did Mushrooms (big ones better - little ones disappear) cherry toms on the vine (but don't have to be) red, yellow and green peppers cut in big chunks, courgettes - chunks again, a red onion, quartered. You could add aubergine (but I went off it some time ago) butternut squash cut into small chunks, sometimes I put whole garlic cloves in their skins (not the bulbs but cloves which you can then squeeze the garlic out of after they're cooked)

I put all the chunks into an ovenproof tray, sprinkle with some herbs - tonight I used herbs du provence, could be italian herbs, anything really and then spray with fry light and cook in the middle of the oven preheated to 180 for 20 minutes. xx

Jan, don't worry, you are not alone, I had some munchies yesterday, 4 packets of crisps and 4 tracker bars! That was besides normal 3 meals.....lol.

Guess who has the cut back head on for today and tomorrow!

oooh thankyou jan! :) I am going to have some roasted veggies friday night - hopefully get the bf to munch some too - something healthy for him! lol

Tuesday 4th August.

Again - haven't managed to have a 'good' day :eek: ....

Breakie - Nectarine, small pear & a fig with ff fromage frais

Snack - gave grandsons chocolate croissants - noticed they were only 62 cals (mind you they're TINY) so had to have one :eek:

Lunch - sm tin pilchards in tom sauce with salad

Pick - 2 teaspoons of cheese & onion sandwich filler :eek:

snack - 'you are what you eat' fruit & nut mix

Tea - 4 swedish meatballs, 2 tablespoons of barbeque beans, 4 tablespoons of microwave egg fried rice (was in a big hurry - not first/good choice but needed something)

Drinks - water (bout 1 litre) black coffee, vodka & coke zero

Last edited:
Jan

Can I say thanks so much for your candid honesty....I have a bit of a rose tinted head on at the minute, thinking I will be able to do healthy for ever and a day, amen!! Life isnt like that, and it is just good to see what life really is like, so to speak.

Reading some of your days when you had the munchies, takes me back to my "eating disorder" where I physically cant stop myself, no matter how much I hate doing what I am doing.....

I cant offer anything, other than just to say thanks for your openness.

I think most people struggle, full stop!

I do hope you have better "good" days.

Thanks for your thanks - this could go on for ever ;)

I too thought that LT would have 'sorted me out' so to speak, but like the bit you quoted from Mike Scott's newsletter (I get that too) we've learned bad habits - although I'm not sure I agree we can't 'unlearn' them. I believe we can.

I thought that - having had no alcohol at all for 17 weeks I'd now be able to have a glass or two of wine and leave the rest in the fridge .... yes i could - for about 2 weeks. Now I'm back to where I was - if the bottle's open I feel I have to finish it. I find this sad, but I have to deal with it. In a lot of ways LT was a miracle for me but the rest of my life is up to me.

I have hesitated to report everything here because I haven't wanted to put anyone off/admit my failings etc but I decided total honesty was the only way to go - for myself as much as anyone else. IMHO disappearing from the forum either means we've cracked it completely and don't need to be here any more or we've lapsed and are too embarassed to post. Most honestly I feel we're all going to struggle to a greater or lesser degree and if we can stick around to support each other no matter what, we stand the best chance of finding some sort of happy medium and eventually being happy with who we are.

So here I am - warts and all - hoping you'll all be sticking around too - whatever happens xxx

Oh I will stick around, although, not sure if this happens normally,,,,,dont feel I belong on the TFR forum now...not sure why, maybe my mind is more on Refeed now! Feel nasty, but I dont mean it like that.

I want to crack this too.....I know I will struggle, but like you say, having others around who understand is such a lovely thing....as no one apart from my doc and hubby know about my eating problems.....mind you, if someone comes on here and recognises me, well, such is life!!!!! Fed up hiding and pretending I am something I am not where food is concerned. Honesty and accountability is certainly part of my new life!

I think we will all get there eventually...we have to! We have the best wills in the world so we have to find that happy medium somewhere along the line.

Have a good night..think I need to retire now; up at 6:30am and not even done my vibroplate yet...think I might have to give that a miss tonight!

Take care Jan..have a good night (assume you are working)

Nope not tonight .... start tomorrow for 3 nights. I have 2 of my lovely granchildren here overnight tonight. They give me lots of incentive because I can now run around & play with them which I couldn't before xxx

BTW you don't sound nasty at all - it's a 'stage' thing xxx

So here I am - warts and all - hoping you'll all be sticking around too - whatever happens xxx

Oh come on Jan ... you lot aint never getting rid of me!! Poor yous!!!! :giggle:

ditto here !!!! dont know how long its going to take me to get to goal but I feel I have made "some" progress even if I cant see it on the scales .At least I am not seeing them rise in big chunks and feel helpless to stop them . (the scales i mean). Hang in there everybody . remember its summer/holiday time too . I think people are better in routine ie when kids are back at school etc.

Wed 5th August.

Breakie - Blueberries, raspberries & ff fromage frais

Lunch - Sm tin pilchards in tomato sauce (have a bit of a 'thing' for them at the mo) & salad.

Treat - Mr Whippy type ice cream cone when took kids to beach - no flake, no sauce. Can't find calories because the only one I can find is 164 and I'm pretty sure it must have been more than that :eek:

Picked - 2 curly fries, half a fish stick & 2 bites of Naan bread dipped in curry sauce. :eek:

Tea - Portion of left over 'stew' out of freezer, I'm not altogether sure what was in it but it's one of the things I've cooked in the last couple of weeks so it was okay dietwise - I must label things :p ;)
Raspberries & ff from frais.

Have brought to work - wholemeal wrap with lf cr cheese, ham & salad, a pear & 2 plums.

Pinched - 2 thorntons toffeechocs :eek:

Drinks - water & black coffee.

Last edited:
Thurs 6th August

Breakie - Toasted wholemeal roll with goat's cheese on half & hummous on half
Tesco Biscuit & raisin bar

Bed all day

Tea - Bird's Eye crispy chicken & stirfried veg. 2 oatcakes with goats' cheese.

snack 2 plums

Work - salad with pork loin, ham and a cheese string. Pear

6 sm squares Cadbury's fruit & nut.
2 toffeechocs
Crispie cake iced square :eek:

Drinks - water , black coffee

Last edited:
Thanks KD .... I haven't cracked it yet, I guess that'll take a long time but I'm enjoying a few extras now. Just trying to get the balance right :) x

Friday 7th August

Breakie(s:eek:) - Slc toast with butter & cheesy coleslaw on before I went shopping. Porridge with skimmed milk & splenda when got home and a slimfast snack bar before I went to bed.

Bed all afternoon

Tea - The VERY end off DH's chippie fish and 5 chips, Diet Chef sausage & herb casserole.
2 oatcakes with goat's cheese.

Work - Salad with slc ham, slc turkey & cheese string. Pear & 2 plums. Snack pk of 'you are what you eat' fruit & nut mix.

Picked - 8 squares whole nut, 1 toffeechoc, 1 choc bisc :eek: - not all at once but still ....... :(

Drinks - water & black coffee

Last edited:
hi jan, ment to ask this before but only thought of it now when i see u ate a cheese string, when can u eat cheese? can you eat it on refeed or week after or should you wait till you maintain?

I didn't have it for a long time actually. It isn't on the refeed sheet so I certainly didn't have it for the first 2 weeks and then I didn't think about it! I think the first I had were baby bels and cheese strings as snacks about week 4 or 5 after TFR. I'd have to check my diaries to be sure :) x

I've just checked back - it wasn't as long as I thought actually - I had some 1st week of maintenance after 2 weeks of refeed. x

Back