JanD's Maintenance Diary. Week 7 onwards

Sat 8th August

Breakie (s) - Sm slc toast with butter & coleslaw, porridge with splenda, skimmed milk & blueberries.
Tesco biscuit & raisin bar.

Bed all day

Tea - Baked salmon, roasted cherry toms & (home grown :))courgettes

2 Mcvities mini croissants :eek:

Crust off small hovis - goat's cheese on half, lf pate on half

slimfast snack bar

Drinks - water, wine & black coffee.

Last edited:
ive not done maintenance.. but i know that before i started this diet for months there was nothing naughty in my house to tempt me.. only keep healthy foods about..so if you waken you pick them.. and maybe make a friday your treat day..and have a little of what you fancy.. ALSO MAYBE A huge GLASS OR TWO OF WATER DRINK QUICKLY.. AS YOUR DECIDING TO EAT...that you know WILL stop your desire a LOT.. hope this helps... dont creep up... keep watching it.. Breda xxxx

Thanks Breda.

It's bound to take some time to get into some sort of 'normal' pattern. I don't have 'naughty' stuff at home, it's at work there's stuff around and in the middle of the night (which is when I work) resistance is low.

I don't want to have a 'treat' day if I can help it. That implies 'dieting' and then 'treating' - I'm hoping to find a happy medium for every day.

It's a struggle and I appreciate everyone's input.

Good luck with your journey - what are you doing ... Lipotrim? xx

hi jan only logged on now, thanks for info about cheese! ;)

Sunday 9th August

Breakie - blueberries, a plum & ff from frais

Lunch - Sm tin pilchards in tom sauce & salad

Tea - Chicken breast stuffed with laughing cow lights & wrapped in bacon, baked in oven & salad.

Cheese string.

Drinks - water, vodka & diet coke, black coffee

I didn't get up to loo in night which is sure sign I'm retaining fluid .... not looking forward to wi in the morning but another gain will definitely make me pull my socks up so it won't be all bad ;) xx

Last edited:
Thanks Joy! I was lucky and lost 1lb today .... Don't know why/how. I was going to say I'm not complaining but I don't know how I feel really. I WANT to have a better & healthier way of life than the habits I seem to be falling back into, but when they don't affect my weight I don't have any incentive!

**big sigh** I'm my own worst enemy :eek: xx

Week 9 of Maintenance

Monday 10th August.

Breakie - 2 sm slcs hovis with scraping of low fat spread and 3 bacon medallions (well .... opened bacon last night, needed using up ;))

Lunch - A panini, half tuna melt & half cheese & onion with side salad.

Now this is really weird - DH & I went back to where we had the same lunch last week with my visiting cousin. I remembered how nice it had been .... what I didn't remember - until it happened again that is - was how ILL I felt after it ... How ridiculous is that?? I only remembered the taste, not the after effect. I then remembered thinking last week that I wouldn't have a full one again, that half would be plenty but that had gone right out of my head. I'll remember in future though, that's for sure!!!

Tea - Tiny portion of Tesco Finest Moussaka. Special request from DD, who's still poorly and been soooo off her food she's lost half a stone since last wednesday and she hasn't got it to lose, she's now 7st 11lbs!!!! :eek: Anyhoo it was a 'serves 2' meal and there were 3 of us so I only had a tiny bit. I'll probably have something else later but it was plenty after that at lunchtime tbh.

1/2 inch strong cheddar. Slimfast snack bar

Drinks - water, vodka & coke zero, black coffee.

Last edited:
I don't want to have a 'treat' day if I can help it. That implies 'dieting' and then 'treating' - I'm hoping to find a happy medium for every day.

It's a struggle

Your bloody tellin me Jan :( mind you have been away since saturday, had chippie twice, didnt finish one single meal whilst away (something i find quite odd really as usually i eat it all .. not complaining though, its all good, the less i eat the better right?!!!) but yet so far have managed to sts ... i wish for a gain then i know i cant be doing this and being a pig every now and again :sigh:

I didn't get up to loo in night which is sure sign I'm retaining fluid .... not looking forward to wi in the morning but another gain will definitely make me pull my socks up so it won't be all bad ;) xx

Thanks Joy! I was lucky and lost 1lb today .... Don't know why/how.

Jan, you are obv doing something right, share your secret .... please?!!!! :giggle: x

Tan - I wish I knew! I think it may be because I always feel as though I'm playing catch up on a Sunday so I don't have any carbs - speaking generally here obviously - so maybe lose that previously retained fluid - I really don't know.
What I have found is that if I get on the scales left foot first I weigh less than if i get on right foot first LOL! I don't know whether my scales need a new battery but if I get on 6 times I get 6 different readings. I had several different readings yesterday morning. The first one was 10st 3.2lbs which would have been a loss of 1.6lbs and they ranged up to 10st 4.4lbs which would have been a loss of 0.4lbs so I went for the average at 10st 3.8lbs. I kick myself for getting on them so many times but I'm glad I didn't just take the first reading yesterday - I didn't get it again but I did get the 3.8 a couple of times. It's mad! xx

Tuesday - 11th August

Breakie - 2 Oatibix, blueberries, skimmed milk & splenda

Lunch - Multi-seeded bagel with lf cream cheese & cheesey coleslaw on 3/4 and lf pate on the other 1/4

Nectarine

Tea - Grilled gammon steak, courgettes fried in bit of olive oil with garlic granules and 1/2 tin of smokey barbecue beans. Sm piece cheese, app 1/2oz

2 oatcakes - one with egg & bacon sandwich filler, one with hummous. 4 teaspoons of a sainsburys toffee sundae :eek:
Tesco Biscuit & raisin bar

Drinks - water, wine & black coffee.

Last edited:
Wed 12th August

It's been a funny day foodwise.

Got up very late with starting my nights tonight. We were meeting people at 1pm so didn't want to have breakie at 11.30 so didn't have any.

Lunch - Half a BLT and 1 haddock & cheese fishcake (shared 2 dishes with DH) & side salad.

Tea - Didn't feel well all afternoon, had to cook for 2 others or i probably wouldn't have bothered. Couldn't face a plateful though so I just had a minted lamb grill thingy and 2 cherry toms.
Later on I felt a bit better so had some blueberries & ff fromage frais.

Feeling 'off' again now so don't know what I'll have in the night. When I thought about what to bring I couldn't think of anything I 'felt like' - I've brought a small tin of beans, a maintenance bar, a snack pkt of 'you are what you eat' fruit & nuts, a pear and a nectarine. I don't know what I'll actually have - will update later.

(Just had the maintenance bar, pear & nectarine)

Don't know what's up with me, my daughter has Labyrinthitis, she's really poorly and I wondered if I was getting it but a google search just told me it's not contagious. I felt bloated when I got up this morning too - couldn't get my rings on! Fingers crossed for feeling better soon!

Drinks - water & black coffee.

Last edited:
Aww thanks Mary - Yes I think I am a bit thanks. It's certainly curtailed the picking in work so in that respect a good start to my working week! :eek: Have a good shift! xx

ah hope you gets better soon Jan :hug99:

Awww thanks guys!! :)

Yes back to my 'normal' self (whatever that is ;)) - as Mary said - after a good sleep today xx

You're all great, thanks again xx

Back