JanD's Maintenance Diary. Week 7 onwards

Thanks Nic xx

Thursday 13th August

Breakie - 2 oatibix, blueberries, splenda & skimmed milk. Piece soya & linseed with lf cream cheese and a scraping of branston juice.

Bed all day

Tea - Chicken drumsticks done in slow cooker with onions, mushrooms & chicken chasseur mix with baked sweet potato. Blueberries, a nectarine & ff from frais.

Brought to work - Wholemeal wrap with lf cr cheese, 2 slices pork loin & salad, pear, nectarine and a snack pack of YAWYE fruit & nut mix

Also had piece bread with scrape of butter & jam and 2 squares of dairy milk. :eek:

Drinks - water & black coffee.

Last edited:
Hi Jan

Your food yesterday sounded sooooooo nice! You seem back on track it seems!!! Good for you :)

I fancy baked sweet pots now :) They are yummy...I used to spray with frylite (trying not to use at the mo) with paprika......so so nice...haha...not even 10am and I am getting hungry thinking about them!

Your menus are so varied and I love your brekkie! Cant wait to start eating brekkie properly, although will miss my shake in the morning :)

Have a good day/evening no doubt by the time you read this!

Take care

Oh Iris - I'm embarrassed to have to edit yesterday for the rest of the stuff I had and to report what I had this morning after reading your lovely message :eek:
However I'm determined to be totally honest and open as otherwise I'd be back on the slippery slope to eating in secret, hiding wrappers & stuff and telling porkies about what I'd actually had - and I'm not going there again. So thank you for your kind words - I feel as though I'm back on track SOME of the time - but not all of it I'm afraid ... still quite wobbly sometimes.

Anyhoo ....

Thursday 14th August.

1st Breakie :eek: - after work, before shopping. Toasted hot cross bun with butter. Then later on had the same as yesterday.

Bed all afternoon.

Very end of batter off DH's chippy fish and about 5 or 6 chips.

Tea - 1/3rd of a 'serves 2' Moussaka and some tinned carrots. Mini chocolate croissant (62 cals)

Brought to work - Wrap same as last night, 2 small pears and a plum.

'Pinched' - pkt cheese & onion crisps, cadbury's caramel bar, 4 squares dairy milk :eek:

Drinks - water & black coffee.

Last edited:
AND I TAKE MY HAT OFF TO YOU JAN!! You are always being honest with what you eat......and accountability is so important and I understand 100%!

After this week, I can appreciate how maintaining is the hardest part ever and I honestly think you are doing well, but I know it isnt easy. Oh, if only we could stay on TFR for ever!!!!! Food just gets in the way :) But, it is so addictive too!

I think your meals are varied and you dont miss out any food group..even the choccy!! hahaha....that is good!

It cant be easy working at night as well Jan....I dont know if my body would cope, so you are a bit upside down really with the hours you work.

Thanks for just being you! It does give me hope...and I dont say that lightly; I mean it....

Have a lovely weekend!

Spot on Iris, and I too admire you Jan for your honesty in what you eat, whether its good food or naughty food.

Maybe I should start writing what I eat again on my maintenance thread, then when you all see what I binge on after my alcohol days and it might even help me to make a more constructive decision about what I am about to put into my mouth.

Awwww thanks again Iris. I preferred TFR too! We have to find our way through this food minefield though at some point :eek:

You have a lovely weekend too! xx

It DOES make you think about it Mary .... doesn't always/often/ever (?) stop me though :eek: xx

oh now girls yer making me feel bad for not writing what ive been eating the past week or so :S

Hi Jan , thanks for your welcome back post. I hope you are feeling better now (Read you were poorly) . Yes accountability is a big thing for me too as I was also a secret binger. Which is Why I am still boring people with my daily menu as I feel even having to write it down is good for me. Put on a pound over the hols but not too worried because my goal for next saturday morning is to get a minus on that scale !!!!.. Hang in there Jan . You are still maintaining well even with a slip here and there . Look at the overall picture . dont be so hard on yourself either. You are doing really well .

oh now girls yer making me feel bad for not writing what ive been eating the past week or so :S

Don't be daft - we all find our own ways ... xx

Hi Jan , thanks for your welcome back post. I hope you are feeling better now (Read you were poorly) . Yes accountability is a big thing for me too as I was also a secret binger. Which is Why I am still boring people with my daily menu as I feel even having to write it down is good for me. Put on a pound over the hols but not too worried because my goal for next saturday morning is to get a minus on that scale !!!!.. Hang in there Jan . You are still maintaining well even with a slip here and there . Look at the overall picture . dont be so hard on yourself either. You are doing really well .

Thanks Mich - I know what you mean about the 'boring' thing but then again people don't have to read the detail. I don't expect people to read everything, it's more about self-disclosure in the end. I'm sure you WILL get that minus next week! xx

Saturday 15th August

Bought a caramel freddo in the newsagents on the way home this morning :eek:
I thought I'd compensated for my 'pinching' last night and the freddo because I went to bed this morning without any breakfast. I congratulated myself a bit too quick though because i couldn't get to sleep & ended up coming down and taking toast & coffee back to bed - only a sm slice of wholemeal tho' with lf cream cheese & branston juice.

While I was down I put a half shoulder of lamb in the slow cooker with rosemary, mint & garlic & some water so had some of that tonight with broad beans & sweetcorn.

Piece of granary bread with v light salad cream & lamb (from tea)
Slimfast snack bar

Drinks - wine, water, black coffee.

Going to help out at a christening tomorrow - a friend of my sons' - gonna be in charge of the food :eek: ........ !!

Last edited:
Well I see you are on the wine - so that answers my question on my thread to see if you are working tonight :D

Have a glass for me please - last shift for me, then self destruct alcohol days ;);)

Hope it's a good one for you x

http://redirectingat.com/?id=150X254&url=http://www.mypagestyle.com/
Hope it's a good one for you x

So tired now - just over an hour to go :p:p:p

I could easily just have a few
schla21.gif

I need to go for a
rauch27.gif
to wake me up.

At least I have no work for 4 days now, so I can
bellyemoticon.gif
bellyemoticon.gif
bellyemoticon.gif

Loving all these emoticons, but at least they are keeping me awake while I play. You must admit, they are pretty
cool17.gif
goldstar.gif

This is a lovely
trink33.gif

Anyway - I know you will all want to play, so here is the link to the site.

http://www.websmileys.com/dressed3.htm

5137d1248042627-free-smileys-heart_running_md_wht.jpg
377253puk4movokh.gif

Okay, I am done playing now, so its
GoodNight.gif

Last edited:
Ha Ha - they're brill!!

Sunday 16th August.

Breakie - granola & oat flakes with blue&blackberries & ff from frais.

At Christening (to the best of my memory :eek:) ... picked while putting food out ... 2 icing hearts, few crisps, 2 cocktail sausages, spoonful of cheese pasta salad & coleslaw.
Later - plate with spoonful each of - savoury rice, pasta salad, cous cous, bite of a bread roll & bite of a lamb kebab (literally one bite of each), a cheese slice with a bit of raw onion (it was a BBQ & for various reaosns I didn't fancy any of the BBQd stuff :eek:)
A personalised christening chocolate (would have been rude not to ;))

Tea - will edit later coz dunno yet.
BLUUUUUGHHH!!! Editing to say - just had a bagel (dya know I really don't know what the attraction is .... I had one coz they were there, but it was very heavy and dense :() cut in half and then each half cut into 3 with various cheeses on. Now feel stuffed & bloated.
I haven't enjoyed any of the food I've had today actually :( Ah well - it's all a big learning curve!

Slimfast snack bar.

Drinks - water (not enough), vodka & diet coke (lots :eek:) & black coffee.

Last edited:
Weighed in 0.6lb heavier this morning. That's not bad really. I went to my LT chemist this morning to get some maintenance bars so hopped on their scales and was 0.4lb lighter than last time I weighed there 9 weeks ago. I was quite pleased with that. Instead of looking at my ups and downs every week I can think - I've maintained for 2 months up to now :) xx

Monday 17th August

Breakie - I knew I was meeting people for lunch early so just had a pear - well actually half a pear because half of it was rotten :(

Lunch - It's becoming a habit to go & have one of those gorgeous paninis - this is the 3rd week on the run now! However - this week i remembered how bad I've felt the last 2 weeks all afternoon after a whole one so this week shared a tuna melt one with my sister. I think maybe even that was too much!

Tea - Pollock topped with broccoli (Lidl - frozen) & stir fried veg.

Pkt quavers
Tesco reduced fat biscuit & raisin bar.

Drinks - water, wine & black coffee

Last edited:
Back