JanD's Maintenance Diary. Week 7 onwards

JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:banana dancer:

Welcome back!!!!!!!!! :D Boy you have been missed!!!
Glad you had a nice relaxing time and enjoyed yourself :)
Hopefully your family problems arent too stressfull ... catch up with us soon :D :D :D :D :D xxxxx

Hey Jan, welcome back and I am glad you had a super duper holiday again. The gain will soon go if you have gained, as long as you enjoyed the holiday thats the main thing.

Hope the family challenges can be sorted out real soon hun - hugs xxx

Hi Jan,
welcome back, glad you had a great time. Hope everything will be ok with the family. You will sort out that gain in no time. Wishing you all the best.
Doirin

Thanks for all your comments and good wishes folks! Things are beginning to settle back into the usual bedlam - the extra crises starting to settle down!

Sadly (;)) I did keep a food diary whilst I was away, but don't worry I'm not going to post every day's food :)
I wasn't too bad at first - except for the alcohol which was OTT from day 1 I'm afraid. Although I didn't drink in the day. We had a car for 10 days and I did all the driving but apart from that, even on holiday I don't enjoy the lethargy that follows drinking in the day so I really didn't want any. However, anytime after about 5pm ........ ?? :eek: ??!!

We had fruit and yoghurt every day for breakfast and many days I made salad for lunch, even when out I had salad and asked for the 'sauce' (mayo or seafood depending on the salad) seperately because you wouldn't believe the amount they would normally put on! Then in the evenings something like Kleftiko (lamb, slow cooked in oregano in the oven) or Stifado (beef & small onions in a tomato & cinnamon sauce) or other typically greek dishes (though I only had Moussaka once as I know that's pushing it ;)) and initially I wasn't having the potatoes (done in the oven in oil etc) or the bread but I have to confess they gradually crept in as the time went on which is why I've done so much damage.

Having said that I don't yet know exactly what that is. I THINK it's around 7lbs - or it was. :eek: .... I'm afraid I had a bit of a binge this morning - it started at work, continued through the newsagent's and my mother's house and ended at home before I went to bed :( I'm NOT going to document it but it was BAD.

However I've got up tonight with a firm resolve to get 2 great days under my belt before I weigh officially on Monday afternoon.

I had a maintenance veg soup for tea, I have a maintenance bar with me and I'm having a choc whip when I get in in the morning. I'll probably do exactly the same tomorrow. I'm not fussy on the other maintenance products and I only have 1 vanilla and 1 choc tfr shake left.
Then from Monday it'll be healthy eating with no extras (except perhaps a little tipple ;)) till I get rid of whatever I've gained. I can't hang about because I go away for a weekend with DH, DD & my mother on 9th Oct. Then I'm having a week in a cottage in Wales on my own to get some writing done 19th-26th Oct and a week later on 2nd Nov me & DH go to San Francisco & Vegas for 10 days!! I think if I'd realised how close together all these things were I might have been a bit more careful in Kef .... but then again ..... :eek: ...... probably not ...

I'm going to start a new thread for my diary from Monday. I prefer to keep them a bit shorter personally and they also sort of represent stages ...

Sorry this is too long - I'm rambling a bit .... xx

Ahh JAN :D :D :D Whoooo!!!!!
Ya know you shouldnt worry too much about your gain - you know you can get that off you and mary are the queens at this stuff :D

Cant believe you are doing a me and having 4 holidays ;) hehee AND you are going to Las Vegas!!!!!!!!!!! My mum and dad went at the beg of the year when he got back from Iraq and they said its simply amazing!!!!!

Be sure to post the link in ere for your new diary so's i can follow :D xxx

Hi Jan

All I can say is PHEW!!! ahhaa....your feet wont touch the ground before you are off to Vegas...at least you have lots to look forward to and it will give you the incentive to get back on track again.

I know you will get your head in gear once you know exactly how much you have gained, but I wouldnt worry too much about it; you are cutting back beforehand which I think will help and you maybe surprised once you get there.

Looking forward to seeing how you get on and I know you will get back on track - you wouldnt be Jan if you didnt ;-)!!!

Have a great week!!!

Welcome back and glad you had a good holiday. I know what you mean about the food creeping back in, I was like that in June, no bread to start with for the first 5-6 days, then that came back, same as the oily potatoes and chips! Anyway Jan, even 7lb isnt a drastic gain, and dont forget some of that could have come from water retention with flying.

Good luck for your weigh in Monday afternoon.

And hey Madam........look at you, all these holidays and even a week on your own in a cottage in Wales! I would imagine you are going to North Wales, but if its South let me know and perhaps we could meet. Oooh would need to look at the dates again though, I am away 8th - 22nd.

Good luck for a good few days and an even better weigh in chick.

Hi Jan,
glad you had a good holiday, or should I say the first of many holidays to come this year. Why not, you deserve them eh!
Good luck with getting back on track and hopefully the weigh in won't be as hard on you, as you envisage it to be. Wishing you all the best.
Doirin

Thanks for all your comments folks! :)

I didn't cheat at all from what I said I was going to have and I had the soup again tonight, have a bar with me in work and will have the choc whip in the morning. So I guess I'll have had 2 days tfr-ing .... I was okay last night but I must confess I'm hungry now (23.40) but determined not to have my bar before about 3am (haha - that changed from 4am as I typed it ;)) I'm back on copious amounts of sparkling water and lots of decaf black coffee but still hungry .... never mind it's not for long.

Mary - the cottage is in Montgomery - I think that's classed as mid-Wales. Still too far though I think.
DH wants to join me for the weekend that I'm there but I'm only letting him if I've got done everything I want to do! I know - I'm horrible but the whole point was to be on my own!!!! :) I just can't write at home and what I want to get done can't be done at work because I know it'll be extremely emotional.

Anyway! I digress .... (as usual!) I look forward to seeing how all your WIs go tomorrow and will report mine too! xx

best of luck with wi, fair play to your determination u will shift it in no time i bet as mary said most of 7lb was water retention

Jan, what do you write? x

I wish I could be a little like you Jan, but after a day or two, I get bored with my own company.

Good luck for your writing hun xx

Jan, what do you write? x

Oh only for myself Tan ... although I did have a story published once ... I use it as therapy. Have you ever heard that saying .. well it's a play on Rudyard Kipling's poem 'If' ... "If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs - then you don't understand the problem" ?
Well my motto is "If I can keep my head when all about me are losing theirs - I can write about it afterwards" ;)
However it's been a couple of years since I've got down to it. Lots has happened in that time including my Dad dying and I know it's time to 'get it out' so to speak because the least thing that happens now has me losing sleep and everything going through my head.
My head feels 'clogged up' and I get to feeling as though I can't cope with anything else. I know though, that when I've done my 'therapy' it'll be like a clean slate.
Hey - you never know it may turn into a memoir one day! Lol!

I wish I could be a little like you Jan, but after a day or two, I get bored with my own company.

Good luck for your writing hun xx

Thanks Mary, when I'm writing the time goes so fast I won't have a chance to get bored. The challenge is the self-motivation to sit down and get to it!!! xx

oooh where was your story published?
Thats a great way of dealing with everything Jan :D xx

Well I managed to reduce the holiday gain to 1.4lbs :)

So just 3 lbs to lose to get back to where I want to be - I'm quite pleased with that.

I'm going to start a new thread - Week 15 & onwards & will post a link below. xx

oooh where was your story published?
Thats a great way of dealing with everything Jan :D xx

Only in the Liverpool Echo - it was many years ago but I did get paid! ;) xx

HI JanD,
congrats on that small gain, you did well to stick to the maintenance for the last 2 days, wish I had but then again that's why we're here to learn from one another and get on with it.
Hope the week goes well, enjoy the cottage when you get there, you need space when you are tackling things like that so hope you get it.
Doirin

1.4lbs gain ... pah!!!! :rotflmao: hardly anything to report home about Jan is it! :p

Back