JanD's Maintenance Diary. Week 7 onwards

Just remembered Tanya's question on the oatcakes, I too have the Nairn ones, I looked last night - I love oatcakes, been brought up on them, we regularly had them for snacks at supper time.

Friday 21st August.

Breakie - Blue&Blackberries & a nectarine with ff fromage frais.

Lunch - sm tin pilchards in tom sauce & salad consisting of toms, cucumber, spring onion, radish and lots of beansprouts (assortment of beans ... maybe too many actually - I feel quite bloated :eek:)

Pulling my socks up today after 2 bad days before it gets a grip! Start work tonight so that's 3 days with no alcohol! Provided I resist any temptations in work and at my mother's I should be okay for wi on monday ;)

snack - a pear and a raw bean - sounds strange I know and I didn't have them together, but I was outside picking salad leaves for tea and there was just 1 bean ready for picking - so I ate it :)

Tea - The rest of last nights fritatta, 2 slices turkey breast & salad dressed with balsamic. Forest fruits (the frozen mixture) & ff from frais.

Work - Salad (again) with boiled eggs & chopped up cheese string mixture (mixed with lf salad cream) and a pear.

(06.45 - I've not had anything I shouldn't in work so provided I negotiate my Mother's without a slip up I'll be able to reward myself with a nice guiltfree breakie at home before I go to bed. :):))

Drinks - water, black coffee.

Last edited:
Jan, I think seeing what day it is, you are allowed a day like that....but it wasnt too bad actually!

Ah - but this was before I edited for the rest of what I had :eek: xx

Yeah - I guess so in the end ... provided I CAN do the good days ... I'll let you know on Monday ;)

I'd prefer to find a middle ground rather than this all or nothing if I could though. But perhaps nobody does that - maybe all people have a mixture of all or nothing - naturally thin people I mean.

Ah well - it's still early days. xx

Me no likes naturally thin people :( me wants to be a naturally thin, eat all i like, when i like kinda girl! :giggle:

LOL!! Me too kid ... it's taken me an awfully long time to realise & accept it 'aint never gonna happen :):) xx

I think I'd settle for the 'pretty good' if I could manage it ;) xx

MADE IT!!! Negotiated the newsagent's AND my mother's this morning without a hitch :) SO ....

Saturday 22nd August.

Breakie - Treacle & Pecan Granola with blueberries & ff from frais

Bed all day

Tea - Had some fish I'd never even heard of before I saw it in Aldi the other day -Tilapia ... it was very nice! Had it with salad & a bit of lf salad cream.
Forest fruits & ff from frais

Work - Salad with 2 slices ham and a chopped up baby bel with lf salad cream. Nectarine & pear.

Fingers crossed for another really good day/night & I should be totally back on track :)

Drinks - water & black coffee.

Thanks Mary - yes it did feel good. Proves I CAN do it when I really want/need to and I needed to because I want to go away at the lower end of my range for obvious reasons.
Sorry I haven't been around much in the night. Only just seen this post 5 hrs after you did it! Silly internet kept chucking me off. Hopefully will see you tonight with another good report ;). Hope you sleep well - I won't need any rocking I tell you! xx

whooooooo well done Jan for resisting :) x

I didnt sleep well today at all, I woke up just after midday and I got up. By the time I prepared dinner, prepared food for work and ate dinner, it was well gone 3:30 so then it was time to shower before coming to work. I leave the house at 17:20 - I will be tired tonight........but at least its my last one.

See you later Mrs xxx

Thanks Tan (not that you'll see this! :))

Sorry you didn't sleep well Mary - I hate it when that happens!

Sunday 23rd August

Again resisted temptations :) However I think I had a bit too much breakie even so :eek: ... ah well ... wi tomorrow will tell ;)

Breakie - 2 weetabix, raspberries, splenda & skimmed milk & piece toast with egg & bacon sandwich filler.

Bed all day.

Tea - Chicken breast stuffed with mozzarella, panceta & tomato with baked sweet potato & green beans. Made a 'sauce' for the potato with ff from frais, chives & garlic. Was going to have fruit & ff from frais later but was full all evening so didn't bother.

Work - Salad with boiled eggs mixed with a bit of cheese & lf salad cream. Nectarine.

Drinks - water & black coffee.

I am loving the sound of your chicken Jan, did you prepare that yourself or was it one you bought?

Would love to try it.
I sometimes have a large breakfast, it depends what I am doing later in the day and if I am working or not, it keeps you full and like the old saying goes - most important meal of the day!

Ah yes I'd agree with you Mary re breakfasts but I was on my way to bed don't forget. I didn't need that toast - I just wanted it :eek:!

The chicken was another Aldi 'find' - it was really lovely. It came with garlic butter as well - and I did have a bit but not enough to write home about. I went off using frozen stuff for ages - I can't really tell you why. Now I'm finding it really good and useful in that I don't have to think too much about preperation as I know there are a few things in the freezer that'll take about half an hour. I can't see they're any less healthy than fresh, in fact probably more so than fresh that's a few days old.
I don't mean frozen meals of course, but the fish and chicken that's just ready prepared I can't see anything wrong with and in a lot of cases it's cheaper too. xx

It really does sound lovely, I said in another thread that I must try Aldi one day and have a wee look around, its just a little out of the way for me.

Oh yeah, I forgot you were on your way to bed missy - not really the best thing to do before bed. Smacks wrist.

To be honest, after my nightshift, I go in, take my tablets, sometimes a banana and then bed, I cant eat breakfast until I got up.

Last night I had my soup and whatever else about 10:30 and the next thing I ate was my dinner about half three this afternoon.

I couldn't survive on that Mary ... and what would you say to someone who was at work from 6am - 6pm and didn't eat anything from their morning break at 10.30am till they got out of bed the next morning???!!! Same difference! ;) :)

It doesn't matter what hours I'm out of/in bed my appetite seems to be the same. At breakfast time in the morning I want breakfast. When I get up at tea time I want my tea. I know some people want breakfast in the evening when they get up and have a hot meal when they get in from work - I couldn't do that, but I couldn't go all night without anything either - that's a dead cert! :) xx

I dont usually go so late to eat, usually I have breakfast about 1pm when I am nights, but today I just wasnt hungry. I dont usually go so long.

Then because I am only 2 nightshifts, I just try and move everything on about 3 hours, so I eat breakfast at lunchtime etc. I still have my 3 meals a day.

Back