JanD's Maintenance Diary. Week 7 onwards

Monday 24th August

Breakie - I DID have half a piece of toast at Mum's with butter & a spoonful of coleslaw but then when I got home I only had a few berries in ff from frais with just a sprinkling of granola to give it some substance.

Bed all day - weighed when I got up - lost 0.8lb :)

Tea - Gammon steak, half a baked sweet potato & less than half a tin of mixed beans in mild chilli sauce (sainsburys)

3 oatcakes, one with brie, one with lf pate, & one with hoummus.
Half pkt fridge raiders.

Drinks- water, wine & black coffee.

Last edited:
Well done on the loss Jan. Hey I tried that tilapia fish the other day. Was it in the lime butter? It was gorgeous really tasty. I feel exactly the same about buying ready prepared fish and meat. You just get bored of the same thing all the time and its nice to add a bit of variety. I am sick of chicken breasts at the moment! xx

It did have some butter with it - I'm not sure if it was lime, I thought it was lemongrass but I wouldn't swear to it. I know there was an alternative which I think was chilli which I didn't fancy.- but it was lovely and I'd definitely get it again x

Tuesday 25th August

Breakie - 2 oatibix, berries, splenda & skimmed milk

Lunch - Sandwich in Tesco cafe - chicken salad 286 cals

Snack - maintenance bar (was REALLY hungry!)

Tea - Pasta Bolognese (not low fat I'm afraid :eek:)

3 oatcakes with egg & bacon sandwich filler, hoummus & lf pate

Slimfast snack bar.

Drinks - water, wine & black coffee.

Last edited:
Wednesday 26th August

Breakie - 2 weetabix with berries, splenda & skimmed milk

Lunch - 2 slices multiseeded batch bread with scraping of lf salad cream, 2 slices ham, leaves and tomato.

Nectarine

Tea - Hake with cauliflower cheese topping (frozen, Aldi) and stir fried veg.

Work - salad with prawns in lf salad cream & paprika. Pear, nectarine.

Pinched a l'il tiny weeny mini choc shortbread - it really was only one bite size :eek:
and had 2 teaspoons of cheese coleslaw at my mother's (it's toooo nice ... Aldi's again - I think it's becoming my fave shop, don't buy the coleslaw for myself tho' I'd eat it all in one sitting and it's NOT low cal!)

Drinks - water black coffee.

Last edited:
Thursday 27th August.

Breakie - 2 weetabix, blackberries, spenda & skimmed milk. Cheese string rolled in slice ham.
Had to stay up for doc's appointment. When eventually got home feeling very sorry for myself & at 11.30am had piece of seeded batch toasted with peanut butter (the good stuff but nevertheless .. :eek:)

Bed all day

Tea - Plaice stuffed with spinach & feta cheese (Lidl this time not Aldi ;)) Half a tin of ratatouille and asparagus.
2 oatcakes, one with hoummus & one with egg & bacon sandwich filler.

Work - Salad with prawns (same as last night), nectarine & pear.

Another one of those Teensy weensy mini choc shortbreads, 5 squares dairy milk & a caramel freddo :eek:

Drinks - water & black coffee.

(Five more sleeps till Kefalonia :):):))

Last edited:
Friday 28th August

Not a good day I'm afraid :(

Breakie - 1&1/2 pcs toasted seeded batch with lf pate, egg & bacon sandwich filler & cheese coleslaw.
Slimfast snack bar.

Bed all day

End of batter off DH's chippy fish & 3 chips :(

Tea - Diet Chef Meatballs in tomato sauce. Snack pkt YAWYE fruit & nuts

Mother's - (went to do her hair before I came to work) Slice Mcvities golden syrup cake with butter :eek: Mini ice cream (like a tiny Magnum) 6 pringles

Work - Have brought LARGE salad (coz I know I've got the munchies) with lots of ham, turkey and a cheese string and a bit of lf salad cream. Nectarine & pear.
(edited to add - but still pinched piece of oats & seed bread & butter & 2 of those mini caramel shortbreads :( (**biiiiiiig sigh**)

Drinks - water & black coffee.

I'm feeling a bit down to be honest. I have arthritis in my thumb joints and have had to succumb to regular NSAIDs .. I have resisted this but couldn't go on any longer. I don't want to sound overly dramatic but they've been making my life a misery. I've been on them several days now and I've put 3lbs on. I know it can't possibly be fat and I know a known side effect is water retention and logically I'm fine with that. In reality though I'm feeling bloated, rings don't fit again so you can probably imagine I'm not feeling too happy about it.

I couldn't face going on holiday in so much pain though. I was afraid I'd spoil it for my AND DH. My clothes are packed so I can only cross my fingers that they'll still fit okay. I'm going to try to pull back from now till we go on Tues ... comfort eating certainly won't help will it ;)
I'm certain I'll be reporting a gain on Monday but it can't be helped. If I stop with the picking now I'll know it's all to do with the tablets and maybe it'll level out - who knows.

I'll be getting some steroid injections into the joints in a few weeks so maybe I'll be able to knock them on the head then ..... again ... who knows??

Sorry to be a moaner ... I know there's lots worse off ... xx

Last edited:
Saturday 29th August.

Breakie - toasted hot cross bun & butter at Mum's :eek: & 2 weetabix, blueberries, splenda & skimmed milk at home :(

Bed all day

Tea - 1/3rd of a fritatta - eggs, spring onions, bacon bits, cheese, garlic & chives with salad

Slimfast snack pack of cheesey thingies

Drinks - water, wine & black coffee.

Last edited:
Hi Jan, hope you are feeling a bit better and not so down hun. Fingers crossed for you that you get your pain relief for your holidays and can have a fantastic holiday.

Sunday 30th August

Breakie - 2 weetabix, blueberries, splenda & skimmed milk

Lunch - Half BLT & half cheese & spring onion sandwich.
Lots of wine (Mathew St festival)

Tea - Pollock a la bordelaise & salad.

4 oatcakes with houmous, pate & cheese

Drinks - water (very little :eek:) wine (loads) black coffee

Not looking fwd to wi tomorrow :( (own fault) xx

Aw thanks Mary - hate feeling sorry for myself. I'm usually the one looking after everyone LOL!! Have had lots of anaesthetic today in the form of wine ;) xx

Dont you worry about it Jan, its good to have a little moan sometimes, great for the soul - enjoy the anaesthetic xxx

OOOOOPS!!!! Gained 1.4lbs :( - not a very good start to the holiday but there are various reasons so I'm not going to sweat about it. Just hope those shorts fit ;)

Monday 31st August

Breakie - 2 weetabix, splenda & skimmed milk

Lunch - I knew we were having early evening meal so had half maintenance bar, 2 slices turkey & teaspoon egg & bacon sandwich filler (strange combination I know)

Tea (out) Loin of lamb, dauphinoise potatoes (ate about 2/3rds) brocolli & green beans. I was absolutely stuffed and still am! My son couldn't believe how little I ate and yet was moaning I'd eaten too much & felt bloated with it. Had one glass of wine with that and am finishing last nights bottle at home - just about 2 glasses left in it. Having a comparatively early night because we're up at 4 - so I won't have anything else.

See you all in 2 weeks if not before xxx

Dont worry about the small gain Jan, just go and enjoy your holiday and get back on track when you get home. Have a fandabidoby holiday chick xxx

Jan havnt had time to read your posts but i read that you are off this morning, hope you have a fabulous time - relax and enjoy being the new skinny you on holiday :D :D :D :D xxx

So im up to date - Jan i hope your thumbs are better for you today and try not to let it ruin your holiday (although easier said than done right?) Have a ball!!! :D xxx

Hi Jan
Just caught up with your posts the last few weeks.....on the whole you are doing well sweetie.

Sorry to hear about the arthritis in your thumbs. My poor mum suffered for years with arthiritis and it is no laughing matter. She too had the injections which helped. Dont be so hard on yourself... not surprised you felt down; being in pain isnt the best and you were no doubt worrying about your hols and putting weight on because of the medication.

The sunshine will certainly help you when you are out in Kef....so, hopefully the pain will ease a little.

Have a great time, although I know you are there now....but if you get chance to come online, then hope you are having a ball!! And relaxing about food and not worrying too much.

Look forward to having you back.
Take care

Thanks all!
I'm back and did have a fantastic relaxing time! I've returned to a few challenges family-wise though (never a dull moment - unfortunately :eek:)so it may be a few days before I get caught up properly - maybe not till friday night in work - if I can get on-line there.

I'm looking forward to catching up wth you all - I'm guessing I've done about half a stone's worth of damage but I'll make if official on Monday - after the flight water retention has sorted itself out and with hopefully a few 'good' days under my belt between now and then.

Hope you're all well & happy :) xx

SOOOOOO GOOOOODDDD TO HAVE YOU BACK!!!!! Glad you had a good time and you will get that weight shifted in no time - main thing is you had a ball and enjoyed yourself!

Take care

Back