JanD's Maintenance Diary, wk 25 onwards.

Well I've read all your threads and I too have been better today - but only a little bit - nowhere near as good as the rest of you! But still - 'better' is better when all said and done.

So - Wed 3rd Feb

Breakie - 2 weetabix, splenda, blueberries & skimmed milk.

Lunch - tin of Sains BGTY Morrocan style soup. Pear.

Tea - A small piece of Marlin, sweet pot pieces with rosemary & garlic, carrots & asparagus.
Unfortunately I got too hungry before tea so had 2 oatcakes with houmous and phili light while it was all cooking :eek:

some v&cs xx

3 crispbreads - one with houmous & two with phili light.

Edited to add - an 'eat natural' kiddies fruity snack bar ... :(

Last edited:
definatly alot better Jan :) xxx

Well I've had a lovely day! :)

I had to go to a hospital in Liverpool for some nerve function tests (incidentally it showed I DO have carpel tunnel syndrome which is what I told my GP I thought I had last October because I've had it before but she said it wasn't ... grrrr ;) ... to be fair I do have arthritic joints as well now so it may have been confusing) ....

..... ANYHOO afterwards I walked down into town and had a good old mooch. I really enjoyed it.

I've eaten too much but I've walked a lot too and I've eaten because I felt I needed something not just for eatings sake. I AM meeting DH in our local for tea in an hour though - it just seemed like a nice way to round off a lovely day.

So up to now I've had ...
Breakie 8am - weetbix etc as usual
About 11am - maintenance bar
About 1pm bacon sandwich :eek:
3.30pm kiddies fruit & yoghurt bar while waiting for train home
5pm tesco healthy eating choc & raisin bar (didn't really need this one but easily persuaded myself it would be a while till tea ;))

Don't know what I'll have in the pub but it will involve wine(s) ;):) xx

I hope everyone else has had a nice day too :):) xx

Glad you've finally got an answer, too bad they didn't listen to you in the first place!

Enjoy your evening my sweet an have a glass of wine for me! :) xxx

Wasn't very 'good' at the pub. :eek:

Only had a starter but it was a 'combo' and all deep fried....
Chicken nuggets, chinese chicken, onion rings, breaded mushrooms, southern style fries, garlic bread, bbq sauce and mayo. Not much of any of them but too much grease ... ah well ... I enjoyed it!! ;) xx

Oh God I can't stop!!!

Since coming back from the pub - apart from carrying on with the wine I've had, half inch square of cheese, a piece of bread with olive light and corned beef & branston and a tesco reduced fat biscuit & raisin bar .... I have the flippin munchies!!! DH - thinking he's helping - or at the very least - pleasing - keeps offering to go out for chocolate !!!!!!! There's only so many times a girl can refuse!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: xx

Glad you had a nice day Jan, its always nice to have a good mooch around the shops.

Is there anything they can do with your arthritis/carpel tunnel syndrome, or do you just have to take medication for the pain? Eeeh girl, aint it awful getting older!! I am going through the menopause at the moment, and the darned flushes........grrr.

Well I hope you stopped your munching before DH went to get chocolate, slap that man......lol.

Oooh Jan,

I had/have carpal tunnel. Are they going to do the op or are they going to try splints first? I went straight to op which was delayed slightly cos I fell preg in between but for the most part its worked! I didnt like the nerve study tests tho they were plain ouch!!!!!!!

I know how you feel with the eating thing. I have tried and failed to get back on tfr and now my son has been given his operation date in 10 days time it seems pointless. I am trying to maintain and just managing. :-(

I am hoping to get myself straight again and get back on tfr to lost my last 17lb during Lent.......... Im hoping religion will give me a helping hand to keep away from the vino which is inevitably my downfall!!!!

Would love to see your pics by the way. We were hoping to get 5 days in Marrakech over Valentines but its a massive journey from here!!!

How has today been mrs? Any picking?
I always find if i know im having a bit of an 'off' day and going out for some grub i always always always without fail end up picking at lots of nawty food. I think its summat in our heads that says sod it - im having a meal out .... if that makes any sense!! lol

Well I started off okay today - don't we all always! But I've deteriorated somewhat as they day's gone on. Culminating in a left over piece of breaded plaice on a piece of bread and icbinb at my mother's, a bit of bakewell tart and a handful of biscuits from a tin of Victoria (ie chocolate!)

Back on my nights tonight and I can't say I feel any firm sense of resolve but I'm really hoping I can get my act together to at least stay the same on monday. Though there are several pounds there that really do need shifting!!!

As for the carpel tunnel thing Theresa & Mary - it's a strange one. When I initially went to the docs in October my wrist & forearm had swelled right up and was very painful and totally reminded me of when I had CTS before. However - as time & various tests etc have gone on the worst pain and restriction of movement is actually in my elbow. The pain and restriction in my wrist & hand various from none at all to considerable so it's a strange one.

I don't think it's bad enough to consider surgery myself but I'm seeing the consultant again on 25th. I'm hoping it will disapear as suddenly as it came - which is exacty what happenend last time. I remember sitting on the bedroom floor rocking and crying with the pain last time (it's nowhere near as bad this time) - I kept going back to the docs, went to see a consultant and was given splints and a few days after that I got up one morning and it had completley disapeared!! Weird!!

Incidentally Theresa I didn't find the nerve tests too bad myself, the ones by my elbow where the strongest and made me jump but she only did it twice and it was over in a second.

Still not able to upload photos I'm afraid - don't know what's going on!

Here's hoping for a better day tomorrow ... I'll be up very late in the morning coz it's one of my grandson's birthdays & that's always a bit of a challenge - but we'll see ;) xx

Aw jan :( :hug99: I hope it gets better soon :) it's best to still get it looked at even if it does go away like last time.

Have fun today at your grandsons party :) xxx

Thanks guys - I shouldn't moan really, there are worse things!!! ;)

No party Tan - we just went over for an hour this morning before they went off for a 'Bowling Bonanaza' with 6 of their friends ....

I don't really know how I'm doing today! I won't even talk about this morning - it's best forgotten LOL! But when I woke up tonight i was feeling much more postive - I'm just not sure the actions have followed up on that. I don't think I've been toooo bad though ...

I cooked some brocolli which I served with some oxtail I'd had in the slow cooker all day with leeks & a tin of toms. Well the oxtail wasn't nice at all - I ended up having the gravy with the leek & tom soaked up with a piece of bread & very little of any 'meat'. Then I had a small pear and half a kids fruit bar (didn't like it so gave DH the other half).

Then before leaving for work I had a slice of corned beef with phili light on it, a raw mushroom and a baby beetroot.

I've brought to work a maintenance bar - mainly because they're out of date! An 'eat natural' kids 'lunchie' and a little container with gherkins and silverskins in it.

My stomach feels really really bloated. I must also concentrate on drinking more water. I have a litre of sparkling with me and hope to get through that and at least one refill.

I hope you're all still doing better than me!!!! xx

Love the photo of the kids.......really made me giggle.

Just forget about whatever you did this morning Jan, we all have our blips, but we ALL seem to be blipping more than we should lately. My blip will probably be tomorrow as we are up the club in the afternoon.

Ah well - as long as you enjoy it Mary! Don't you find though - on occasions like that you're not so bad? You don't really do any real damage. If we could only stay on track either side of these occasions there's be no problem!

Like Christmas - it's the week after that I do the real damage not the couple of days of it. And holidays - I mean I put very little on last week - but I haven't stopped since! I'd love to know why we do these things ....

Anyhoo!! Sunday 7th Feb

Breakie - small piece of bread with phili light and 2 weetabix etc

bed all day

Tea - Piece of lighlty dusted sole stuffed with spinach & feta, stir fried veg and brocolli left over from yesterday. A pear

A baby beetroot before I left for work

Have brought to work a maintenance bar, a kiddies lunchie bar, an alpen light bar and a little tub of silverskins and gherkins (I'll be looking like a pickle!)

Not looking forward to getting weighed tomorrow ... I really must sort myself out - it's my sister's (3rd!!) wedding in 5 weeks!! xx

Like Christmas - it's the week after that I do the real damage not the couple of days of it. And holidays - I mean I put very little on last week - but I haven't stopped since! I'd love to know why we do these things ....

Oh if you find out - let me know!!! :giggle:

Back