JanD's Maintenance Journal. The 1st 6 weeks.

Been on a course. I took my little notebook pc but was too mean to fork out £13 a day for wifi in the hotel! I thought that was outrageous! I missed coming on here though. I think I'm seriously addicted! xx

wowser!! £13 a day!! Thats ridic!!!!!!!!!! Was it that weight management course you was on about doing? xx

Yup - Weight Management Coach course - that's the one! It was brill! xx

Cool!!!!! So have you decided if yer guna just use it to help yourself or guna coach others? xx

Oh I'm hoping to help others, just gotta figure out how to get the service 'out there'! x

Fri 10th July

Breakie - Fine wholegrain oats, blueberies & skimmed milk
Then I had a banana for no other reason than it was there :eek:

Bed a lot of the day. Pear when I got up.

Went to see My Sister's Keeper with DD. Meal afterwards in Frankie & Benny's - Club salad .. very nice, chicken & bacon & avacado & egg & leaves & tomato & onion with a honey & mustard dressing. Glass wine & soda.

Drinks - wine, water, black coffee.

late snack - 2 oatcakes, 1 with lf pate & 1 with lf cream cheese

Last edited:
Ooooh Jan - i'll be your first 'client' could do with some advice about weight management and retraining my thoughts! :(

Ha Ha! Wish it was possible! We'd really need to be in the same room kiddo! I'm sure there must be someone nearby if you'd really like talk to someone though.

It's not so much about retraining your thoughts as discovering why you repeat destructive behaviours and setting up more effective ways to achieve whatever it was you wanted in the first place. It can be very deep stuff! xx

It sounds it :( Wish i could do something like that and understand why i was able to do TFR for 5months but 1 week on holiday and i go to pot - today i have picked and picked, although it has been fruit and veg and salmon but still - av still had that holiday mentality of 'stuff it im on holiday, who cares?!!!'

I know ... it's 'ard 'inni'!!!!

I'm sure you can get your head back into the right space. The understanding thing can take an awful lot longer! x

'ard innit!!! ahahahahahha :giggle:

I'll get there Jan, i am sure of it. Had a shake for brekkie today and then my two meals and some snacks. If i do like you and mary i am sure i wont go wrong as yous two are the 'beys' lol :p xxx

Okay I give up .... 'beys' .... ?? (Hope it's good ;)) xx

lol - Beys .... when someone or something is 'the bey' its like saying its/they're the best :) So yes Jan, all good!!! :D xx

Hahaa, I thought you means 'bees knees' lol.

Welcome back Jan, not been on here for a couple of days myself, been busy getting the car serviced, shopping, cleaning, visiting family and I went to see the X factor on Thursday.

Yeah basically mary - bees knees means the best dunnit?!!! lol

That's all right then Tan! x

Who's a busy bee then Mary? Love the new pic :) x

Sat 11th July

Breakie - granola, blueberries & ff fromage frais

Lunch - Wholemeal roll filled with bacon, lettuce & tomato spread with a tiny bit of lf cream cheese.

This evening was the Liverpool Meet! Ate in the Albert Dock .... well not in the water you understand ;) with 7 other Mini members and 2 husbands.
Cider apple chicken salad - which was chicken, salad and a concoction of apple, mayo & blue cheese, it was okay. Went to the Cavern pub afterwards but didn't stay long (getting old!;))

Drinks - vodkas & diet coke, water & black coffee.

late snack - 2 oatcakes with egg& bacon sandwich filler and a choc T cake ... gotta nip these late snacks in the bud!!

Last edited:
How does a "meet" work . Is it just maintainers or are some of the people still on TFR . Cant be much fun for them!!! but I suppose they will get group encouragement.

Yes really enjoyed it thanks. Not all maintainers, just one other I think, and not Lters either. Just Minimins members - some Cders a DietCheffer one not doing anything at the mo ... It was just a 'Liverpool' meet.

This was us .... chap front right is OH of Cate - front left. My OH took photo - others all Minis members -

13987-albums1542-picture9191.jpg

And me before we left the house. Not sure about this style on me but hey! It's a 14 and it FITS!! LOL!! xx

13987-albums1542-picture9192.jpg
xx

Back