JanD's Maintenance Journal. The 1st 6 weeks.

Thank you very much. I'm not doing too bad thanks - how about you? x

Tues 14th July

Breakie - granola, blueberries & ff from frais

Lunch - fruit salad (medium salad bowl from Sainsbury's) with ff from frais.

Tea - baked salmon with roasted cherry toms & courgettes and green beans. 3 oatcakes 1 with lf cream cheese, 1 with a baby bel & 1 with lf pate.

snack - pear.

Drinks - Wine :eek:, water (not enough) & black coffee.

Last edited:
Wed 15th July

Breakie - granola, raspberries & ff from frais (had this very late 12pm as lay in ready for work tonight & then waited to have it as brunch)

snack - pear and plum

Tea - Sort of kedgeree DH made, fish, rice (brown basmati), veg, veg stock, curry powder garnished with boiled egg & tomato. Nice but too much rice in one meal I think. FF from frais & raspberries.

In work - Wholemeal wrap with pork loin, lf cream cheese & salad, pear and plum.
5 small squares of Dairy Milk Whole Nut :eek:

Drinks - water & black coffee.

Last edited:
I'll tell him Mary! .... :)

Thursday 16th July.

Breakie when got in from work - Piece of toasted Bergen soya & linseed bread with lf cream cheese.

Bed all day.

Tea - Had a pouch meal left over from my Diet Chef days. Sausage & herb casserole, with half a baked sweet potato and a tiny bit of stir fried veg. Ff from frais & raspberries & chucked in a few oats to give it a bit more umph.

1 oatcake with goat's cheese (been hankering after goat's cheese since I had it in a salad when I was away last week - finally got some today so had to have a bit!)

Work - Wholemeal wrap with lf cream cheese & ham salad, pear.
5 sm squares dairy milk :eek:

Drinks - water & black coffee.

Last edited:
You certainly seem to be enjoying a lovely, varied diet plan now, Jan. Is there anything you don't want to risk eating agin in case it sets off a binge

Eeeeerrrrrrmmm???? Don't think so Sharon. I mean I wouldn't have chocolate in the house but I do have a bit if offered (or someone leaves it lying around ;))
I'll pick at anything though - whatever I'm preparing, whatever's left on the knife (I know - disgusting - but I bet we all do it!)- that's where I pick up unwanted and 'empty' calories.
It's also alcohol with me. I really hoped that after 17 weeks with none I'd be able to just have a glass or 2 of wine or vodka but I'm really back where I was before :(
Need to sort that out!! xx

It's also alcohol with me. I really hoped that after 17 weeks with none I'd be able to just have a glass or 2 of wine or vodka but I'm really back where I was before :(
Need to sort that out!! xx

Snap! :(

Glad I'm not the only plonkie around ;) xx

Friday 17th July

Breakie - Had 2 :eek: ... Had a toasted hot cross bun with ICBINB on at Mum's when I went to do her breakie. Then came home and took a piece of toasted soya & linseed with lf pate on one half and goats cheese on the other up to bed with me .... just being piggie really, I didn't need it :eek:

Bed all day.

Tea - DH wanted chippie fish & chips so I had another Diet Chef pouch - chilli this time, with 12 chippie chips. I also had the very very end of crispie batter off the fish.

2 oatcakes, 1 with goat's cheese & 1 with lf pate.

Afraid I also had an individual trifle and 3 ryvita minis at Mum's when I went to wash her hair tonight :eek:
I think I should stay away from there ;)!

Work - Wholemeal wrap with lf cream cheese, turkey breast slices and salad. Pear.

Drinks - water, black coffee.

Last edited:
need you to explain what you actually eat

Hi Jan
Welcome to maintenance. I know I am a bit late catching up with everyone but well done anyway.
Please tell ! what is ICBINB, SOYA /LINSEED.is this bread? IF PATE? You have me stumped i'm afraid. I will be the plonker when I realise it a simple abbrev. but needed to ask anyway:confused:

HaHa - sorry .... I was being very lazy with the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter abb. No reason why anyone should know what that stands for really! Yes soya & linseed is Bergen's soya & linseed bread. Just about as 'healthy' as bread can be (if you don't count rye bread which I can't stand) and 'lf' is low fat. Pate will never read 'pattay' without the little accent over the 'e' - it just looks like pate as in gate doesn't it? xx

OH DEAR!

Don't know what's going on :(. I'm going to post another thread to get a virtual ass-kicking, which I think I need. In the meantime - here goes.

Sat 18th July.

Had a piece of white :)o) bread, vitalite and jam before I left work.
Bought a milky way when I went for Mum's paper (and ate it needless to say:()
At Mum's had a piece of toast with butter, half a cookie, an all butter biscuit, a spoonful of cheese & onion sandwich filler and a smartie cake bar :(
When I got home I had an oat cake with goat's cheese and a packet of baked cheese & onion crisps.

:sigh::sigh::sigh:

Don't know what's going on :confused:

I've been in bed all day and for tea have had baked chicken fillets in tomato & basil, asparagus & a third of a baked sweet potato with ff from frais on it.

I'm having some wine tonight and plan on having a nectarine & some blueberries with ff from frais later. (actually just had nectarine)

We're walking through the Mersey tunnel tomorrow (you can do this every now and again) so hoping that'll make me feel a bit better because at the moment I feel like a bloated, landed whale. I completely know that under the circumstances having wine tonight isn't a very good idea but that knowledge hasn't stopped me :(

Feel free to whup (sp?) me here or in the other thread :(

Last edited:
Jan , I feel terrible doing this cause you are always supportive to me but you asked!!!!:whoopass::whoopass::whoopass::whoopass:

Whats all this picking about woman????? You wouldnt have dreamed of picking when you were on TFR .

Now thats the cruel part done !!! lets figure this out.

Looking at the little binge at your mums. I think what started all that was the slice of white bread and jam . Quick sugar fix making your body crave more. I know from my brother who also does shiftwork and is diabetic that the mornings he comes off nights he is so tired that he can put anything into his mouth. When he is finished a weekend of nights .he goes for a few hours sleep but when he gets up that evening he is in a daze really for twenty four hours until his body recovers.What I am trying to say is that you have all that to contend with too and I am sure that makes it really difficult not to pick .

The only thing I can think of that helps me is if I feel like picking and I know im not hungry . Ill pick a handfull of almonds (crunchy and contain protein) . I know nuts are high in fat so only a handfull !!!! or chop an apple up and pour some yogurt over it. Keep some low fat non sugary foods around you so you dont do so much damage. Pumkin and sunflower seeds are also good for you and stop the munchies . If you dont pick sweet things you wont crave MORE

Now if only I could do this myself!!!!!!!!!

Its going to take time to settle too Jan as you said to me . As long as we keep battling we will win the war!!!!!!!!!

OUCH!!!! ;)

You're right - I wouldn't have dreamt of picking on TFR ... but now I CAN eat part of my head says - well I can have anything now - while the wiser part says - but you don't need THAT and you'll only want more - !!

Maybe I should carry something 'just in case'. The reason I don't is that it never used to turn out to be 'just in case'. If I took it with me I ate it. I've got some little food doctor packets of seeds, I might try taking them out with me.

Sometimes I think it has to do with totm ... now I don't have totm any more but when I did I'd have a couple of days - not every month - but often, when I REALLY got the munchies and about once every 6 months I HAD to have a choc blowout and I MEAN blowout. I've heard tell that even when totm comes to an end you do still actually have that cycle going on, it's just that it's not strong enough to 'produce' anything any more IFKWIM ;)

I'm not trying to make excuses but I AM hoping that if that is the case it means it will come to an end - and SOON!

Thank you very much for your support, it's greatly appreciated xxx

Maybe it IS something to do with the nights - I've been much better today. - I heard what you said about the bread & jam starting it all off Mich - but why did I have the bread & jam??? Hmmmmmm .... tired & bored? .. no excuse ...

Anyway - as I say - okay today foodwise.

Breakie - Granola, blueberries & ff from frais

Lunch - Half a maintenance bar, wholemeal wrap with turkey & salad & lf cream cheese.

snack - food doctor mixed seeds (thanks for the tip ;))

Tea - Pollock a la bordelaise (Lidl frozen - nice) & salad.

2 oat cakes with lf cream cheese.

Drinks - wine, water & black coffee.

A contrary part of me hopes I don't lose weight tomorrow, or even sts. I don't want to have a license to behave the way I have this week. It's not healthy, physically, mentally or emotionally!! We shall see. xx

apparantly though jan it takes around 3-4 days for weight to go on - not sure how but maybe i should look this one up?!

Dunno bout that Tan ... let's know if you find out. I was good yesterday though and Saturday after I got up in the afternoon.

Anyhoo I lost 1.4lbs ..... Hmmmmmm xx

whoooooo well done Jan :)

Monday 20th July

Breakie - 2 Oatibix, skimmed milk & splenda

Lunch - Wholemeal wrap with lf cream cheese ham, turkey & salad

Tea - 'Stew' - got some reduced mince in tescos. Cooked it with onion, leek, mushrooms, tin tomatoes, tin Italian mixed beans (tesco), stifado spices & chopped new potatoes.

3 oatcakes - 1 with lf cream cheese, 1 with lf pate & 1 with goats cheese.

A tesco reduced fat biscuit & raisin bar (90cals)

Drinks - voddies with coke zero & lime chunks, water & black coffee.

Last edited:
Back