Jenny's Core Diary - Back and with a new target!

Im thinking about doing core when my son goes home to try and get me back on track! ... so ill be definatly reading through the menus for some insperation! ...
xxxx

Thanks everyone, I think i'm enjoying it so much as it doesn't feel like i'm having to compromise myself on anything much.

Lost another 2 lbs this week so that's 10lb in 3 weeks now - Woohoo!!

I've not been too great on the plan the last couple of days - being a bit flexible with the plan when I know I shouldn't be. Had sushi for lunch yesterday (not bad, but also not entirely core), and for the last two nights i've had Thai curry, which was stuffed full of veg, but the coconut milk was much higher in points than I thought it would be. I'm off work tomorrow and monday, so it will be easier for me to eat better at home, so i'm going to head down to the market tomorrow for plenty of fresh fruit and veg to try and get myself back on track.

It's payday tomorrow, so my pauper's food for the day is:

B: Monster Cookie
L: Ryvita with Tuna & ELF Cheese and Tuna & Mayonnaise (pointed), cherry tomatoes, yoghurt & apple
S: Apple
D: Spag Bol - not very imaginative, but it's the only proper meal I can make out of the contents of my cupboards!!

If i'm making a potato salad for lunch (rather than the side-dish sort) then i'll use boiled new potatoes, chopped onions, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, grated carrots, peppers, maybe some bacon or ham, and then mix it with some 0 point dressing (tesco's healthy living honey & mustard is my favourite so far), and then add some extra light mayo to make it creamy.

That sounds fab! i'm going to try that later when i get home! Thanks for that :)

Oh i hate it when the food runs out! .... I tend to go open the cupboard doors stand there for a few mins! i usually hope somthing will jump off the shelf but it never does! lol .....

Have a great day hun xx

Last night I was repeatedly opening and closing the cupboards - nothing had changed, but I still kept doing it!!

I've not been as organised with lunches this week, but next week the pasta or potato salad will be featuring a lot - it's so cheap and so filling!

As i've got time to cook for a change i'm going to try out some new recipes this weekend, hopefully so i'll have some nice quick dinners ready made for next week.

Well yesterday I was off work and ended up going a bit skew with my points, resulting in a chinese for dinner!

Anyway, that was yesterday - Today i'm right back on track. Had spag bol (leftovers) for lunch and having a jacket potato with beans for dinner whilst laughing at losers on X-factor!

The cupboards are re-stocked so means i'll be able to vary my menu's for a change!

Back on track today, although i'm fighting the urge to snack today. Cooking a big lunch in the hope to quell the snacking devil in me!

B: Weetabix & skimmed milk
L: Jacket potato with Tuna
S: Punnet of strawberries & apple
D: Gammon, egg, mushrooms & brocolli

Also going running later, so that should help things too.

I've just been out jogging with my dad and i'm so pleased - actually managed to run for 5 minutes at a time, twice. We're on course with the training schedule to actually make it round the course, but what I'm more pleased about is that about 6 weeks ago we could barely manage to jog for 1 minute, let alone what we did tonight!! I'm starting to panic less about finishing my 10k now.

hey jenny ive not posted on your thread for a while - sounds like your doing awesome and your training plan sounds great and youl be kicking ass on that run!
How much weight are you losing a week on average now with your running?

I don't think i've been on the plan long enough to say how much the running has been helping as i started running befoe WW. I will say though that the exercise points come in very handy!

Just made a lovely dinner - a hash type thing made with a potato, bacon, mushrooms, onion, cherry tomatoes and an egg - Absolutely gorgeous and feels naughty but it's not!

Potato Hash Thing:

Cut a large potato into chunks and par boil or steam, then add to a frying pan with chunks of onion, mushrooms, chopped bacon and cherry tomatoes. Cook for approx 10 minutes then add an egg and mix through.

That sounds lovely, how many points is it?

I've never done the points plan, so no idea how it would work out - I do know though that on core it's free!

I used the recipe builder on the WW planner to work out the points value - it would be 7 points for the entire recipe, although if you made it without the bacon it would be just as tasty and only 3.5 points apparently.

Well done on your achievment, good luck when your 10k comes round. I have in 10k in 6 weeks or so and ran that on Saturday just past in 1hr 6mins, so was well pleased. Ive been running now since March and when I started I could barley run 1k without stopping, so its amazing how quickly you get fitter. You go girl LOL xxx

Not posted for a while - had a disorganised end to the week, largely not eating enough, but also TOTM so some crap fell into my mouth too (whoops!). Stayed the same this week, which I was ok about seeing as what i've eaten.

Went to Asda today and stocked up on lots of core foods. Got my lunch already made for tomorrow as I think that was my biggest downfall last week.

Went jogging last night and my legs are killing me - beginning to wonder if it's shin splints as my legs are really aching this morning too on the walk to the station. Going to do some google searching to see what it might be - Really don't want to slacken off with the running at the moment as it's going really well, but I also don't want to do any permanent harm. Might have to get on my mini-trampette at home to take the impact off my legs.

Back