THE NEW AND IMPROVED ALICE...

ALICE2013

Have had such a thumping headache today, not sure whether cause is Dukan or virus that is doing the rounds but very unpleasant. Hope it goes overnight.
Feel very focused though - I know I can lose the weight, I know I feel and look much better when a lower weight and I know Dukan works so here goes. Since it's been a while since following this way of eating I'm double-checking that I'm doing everything properly and looking forward to browsing the recipe thread. Am definitely going to keep track of food I've eaten, so:

29/10/2013
B - Total with Oatbran/Wheatbran with sweetener & hazlenut flavouring
L - Cheese & Bacon Omelette (Lunch out, best thing on menu)
D - 1 x tin Tuna

30/10/2013
B - Total/O&W bran/sweetener/hazlenut flavouring
L - 2 scrambled eggs
D - Beef chilli
Snack - sugarfree jelly

Feel much brighter today, more energetic too which is good as all the binging I've done recently has left me feeling bleurgh. Busy day of avoiding halloween munchies and dealing with kids hyped up with sweeties! Am making them have pumpkin soup before they go trick-or-treating tonight so they have something healthy!
Am starting new job next week which includes 12 hour night shifts, bit worried about Dukan-planning that will be needed, suppose I'd best read the diaries of the nurses on here.
Anyway, there is yoghurt being made in the slow cooker so I'm happy!

31/10/2013
B - Total/Bran
L - Scrambled eggs x 2
D - Beef chilli
Snacks - tuna x 1 tin, jelly

Well, successfully avoided ALL halloween goodies then when kids went to bed I asked my husband to get me some of the jelly I had asked him to make earlier - his look of horror said it all: he forgot, no jelly or owt sweet and Dukan-friendly in the house, wife with PMT, wife ready to moan/snap! He sheepishly made me...a cup of chamomile tea. Then ran and hid in another room!!

An early night as tired and wanting jelly :eating:

Tomorrow is last day of Attack ;)

So, busy day today and busy evening ferrying all the kids to afterschool football and school discos at different times this evening. Cue - supermum! Prepping their and our dinners this morning, making my own jelly ;), making yoghurt, putting some washing on then out to work. Suppose I should go start!

01/11/2013
B - Total/Bran/Butterscotch flavouring
L - Scrambled eggs x 3 (hungry!)
D - Chilli again
S - Tuna x 1 tin

Yippee - 5 day Attack over!! Back on the Dukan straight and narrow, both DH and I both feel better physically as we have been truly binging recently but onwards and downwards (on the scales!).

Saturday's PV:
B - Fried egg, tomatoes and mushrooms, turkey rashers...aka Dukan Fry :)
L - Mixed chilli (celery, carrots, onion, mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes, quorn mince) and shiritaki rice
D - Tuna in lettuce wraps
Snacks: Jelly/Ginger Biscotti

Have had three complete failures to make slow-cooker yoghurt and just can't work it out as it has always worked for me before. V frustrating. 4th time lucky I hope, will put more on in morning. Rare night without kids tomorrow but DH will be working as will eldest daughter so think I'll go to the cinema.

Have had three complete failures to make slow-cooker yoghurt and just can't work it out as it has always worked for me before. V frustrating. 4th time lucky I hope, will put more on in morning. Rare night without kids tomorrow but DH will be working as will eldest daughter so think I'll go to the cinema.

buy a lakeland machine A, no failures at all. Think id better dust mine off and get it plugged in :)

Gorgeous menus, yum! When the food is tasty & you keep it interesting, it's much easier to stick to.. What are you thinking of seeing at the cinema? Lots of good things out at the moment. Enjoy a night to yourself!

Gorgeous menus, yum! When the food is tasty & you keep it interesting, it's much easier to stick to.. What are you thinking of seeing at the cinema? Lots of good things out at the moment. Enjoy a night to yourself!

Hey Lorly - wanted to see Philomena but spent too much in the shops so brought some diet coke and some salad home and gonna watch some Silent Witness DVDs - living it up or what! :D

Today was our first cruise PV and it was lovely. I love how Dukan makes you really savour vegetables. Monday is my first day in my new full-time job so tomorrow is cooking day for the freezer. Monday is also our first weigh-in, a week back into Dukan. I went shopping for work tops earlier and found it really hard, I really don't feel comfortable with how I look at the minute and am hiding from mirrors.

Sunday PP:
B - Dukan almond croissants with good coffee (in bed as the kids are away :rolleyes:)
L - Scrambled eggs and turkey rashers
D - Beef Chilli
Snacks: Ginger biscotti, jelly

Monday PV:
B - Eggs, turkey rashers, tomato, mushrooms
L - Vanilla muffin
D - Pork Chop, mushroom sauce, cabbage, turnip mash
Snacks - jelly, boiled egg

So great you're here again CD/Alice and well done on completion of attack and being back in control.

I'm right behind you (been messing around with different ways of eating to try and find something truly sustainable...with not much luck so back to what I know works)!

Good luck for tomorrow's weigh in.

Jx

So:
5 loads of washing done
3 loads of drying done
kitchen cupboards gutted and re-organised
uniform/work clothes ironed (25 shirts - eek)
a dozen muffins cooked
yoghurt being made

Exhausted and it's only Sunday lol. Today has been a good Dukan Day. DH and I had to go into town so I could return work trousers I'd bought a size to large (which is good) and we had a lovely coffee out and read of the papers too. We don't often get time together without kids, nice to know we still like each other's company!
First batch of Lakeland electric yog-maker yoghurt being made now, have set alarm so at 1am I'll get up and strain so it's ready to try in morning.

Getting up at 1am to strain yoghurt?!? I think this is taking Dukan dedication to a whole new level CD!! (Can I call you CDalice? Seems funny to call you Alice for some reason!)

Getting up at 1am to strain yoghurt?!? I think this is taking Dukan dedication to a whole new level CD!! (Can I call you CDalice? Seems funny to call you Alice for some reason!)

Dukan dedication or Dukan desperation lol?? And of course you can still CD me - I keep wanting to call hubby Mr CD, sounds better than Mr Alice! :)

Today was weigh-day...

Week 1, 5 days Attack 1 PV then 1 PP, DH lost 9lbs and I lost 12.8lbs!!!!!!!!!

Very pleased, it's a great motivation boost for us both.

Today was first day in new job, have been on the go for 14 hours solid apart from 1/2hr relax whilst eating dinner so pretty knackered. Really trying to keep on top of things at home but it's not easy with such a big family. I spent AGES this evening trying to find daughter's football kit for tomorrow. Failed, so eventually found alternative leggings etc that would just about do, then finally just now found the kit in the load of washing I had put on. Doh!

Tuesday PP:
B - Yoghurt (yesterdays attempt v ruuny even after straining, yummy though! More in fridge now :D:D)
L - Hazlenut muffin
D - Beef chilli & shiritaki rice
Snacks: Jelly/boiled egg

Anyway, going to have a cup of chamomile and get to sleep.

Back