Tipperary wobbles into 2024

I buy flat Comfort Zones shoes, love 'em, and they come in lots of colours - often pick up new/nearly new pairs on eBay.
Thank you! Just checked out ebay and can see some nice sandals there - which if I go on holiday I will buy!

Morning all, well weight is moving in the right direction...I just need to keep it up ( or down really)/
Had two jiggling sessions yesterday and ramped the intensity up and felt it more. I also had two walks yesterday, one before work with hand weights and one after work with the dog.
Up now and will jiggle but no walk this morning...and no food either. Its finally time to go and have my blood tests to check cholesterol and thyroid levels. And I'm sure he will check lots of other things too. Daughter 2 has been sick and finally diagnosed with helicobacter pyroli. She was treated but is now ill again so her GP has suggested we all now get tested as we could be passing it from one to another, its non symptomatic in a lot of people. So will talk to him and see what he says. But blood tests mean fasting first.

At least she now has a diagnosis - I didn't know about helico thingy, just read up about it on the NHS website.

Well done on the jiggling!

Yep it can be non symptomatic and cause no problems at all or it can cause ulcers and stomach cancer.

Eating lunch now, konjac noodle veg stir fry. A bit earlier than I like but on training course so can't set my own schedule

I've just realised that this is your chat along diary and not your other😺 Tippy, I think you don't look bad in your photos at all and certainly not scary. It's not that much to lose and tone up and you really do have good shaped legs. I think sometimes we can be really hard on ourselves and instead of visualising the us we'll feel good at get stuck on the I'm not happy with the way I look part. I read something on IG a while back that said "I remember when I would have been over the moon to be the size I am now" I for one need to put that at the top of my list! You're back on track, eating well and exercising again now you're not at the airport and doing crazy shifts so will be staying focused and I'll be looking at you for the extra push I need. You've come a long way and are doing great 💜

Glad to hear the weight is in the right direction tipp, hope everything went well at the GP

Thanks all, just a quick post and will reply later properly.
Diet is OFF for the next 5 hours cos at 9:30am this morning I remembered today is my wedding anniversary. So we are going out for dinner and have a bottle of wine in the fridge and I won't be walking or jiggling this evening. Can't put it off until weekend as we will both be out in seperate places.

Enjoy your anniversary Tipp!! It's good to read that your weight is going in the right direction too :) x

Ah happy anniversary tipp! Hope you had a lovely evening :)

Thanks all. So im being bad again, I'm having a glass of wine, I'm celebrating. The interview I went for two weeks ago.and thought I did bad...well I did really good. Now, I haven't been offered a job from it but am in the top 10 so good chances I should get a full time permanent position in the next year within reasonable driving distance.

Brilliant! Finger crossed for that job soner rather than later.

Great news about the interview, defo deserves a celebratory vino!

Thanks all and morning,
Well Ive been experimenting in the kitchen and made what Im going to call "Instead of Bread". I was going through the fridge and trying to use up all the leftover veg so I now have a big pot of veg soup, wilted spinach, cooked baby potatoes, carrot and cucumber salad, grilled aubergine and my experiment. I was in the humour for something savoury but pancake or fritter style. I made a batter with just some buckwheat and water and added a finely grated aubergine and a tin or sweetcorn and some Chinese five spice powder. Cooked them on the griddle, very lightly oiled with avocado oil and leaving some to cool. They taste great but need something with them, Ive just had one with some pesto and it was great. I think for breakfast they would be great with some wilted spinach and a poached egg. So I took the experiment further to see how they would work for work lunch options when I want something warm. Ive made warps and fritters before with buckwheat but don't like the texture when microwaved. So I popped one of these in to a reusable sandwich toasting bag and popped it into the toaster....and its a success. A lovely warm and crispy fritter. We have a number of toasters at work and with some of my dips they will make a good snack at break. Im going to try some sweet ones two, we have loads of apples in the garden waiting to be picked so might stew some and make apple and raisin and cinnamon fritters as a sweet option.

Tibbs, can you eat Buckwheat? Is name is misleading it has no wheat or gluten. I use it for panckaes, just mix with water, leave about 10 minutes and the texture changes and cook as normal, no egg or milk or anything needed..

So, Ive filled out my new journal and the plan is to lose 500g a week and be 71kg for Xmas. Its not a huge target each week so I hope I can do it. Im OK Monday to Thursday but its at he weekends that I seem to lose it.

Fritters sounds good - nice to have something veggie based instead of bread. I know what you mean about losing the plot at the weekends after being good all week. 500g per week is achievable though, 71kg for xmas would be brilliant.

Back