Wii EA Sports Active 30 Day Challenge

Kust a tip, i started the 30day challenge and didnt find it too motivating as some things just kill you on it. I am actually really enjoying the custom prest workouts, you choose what you do on them and it tells you how long it will take and what calories you will burn.

In the last 4 days i have done a workout each day at 35min each burning 250 cals each time. Actually loving it yet th 30day challenge i didnt find was too good....i prefer the running, punchbag and dancing as i feel like i have done something afterwards

just a thought unless you guys are strictly sticking to the 30day option as the challenge.

Just started the 30 day challenge on medium.... burnt 253 cals.... and want to kill myself....

Hurrah!

hey guys i'm back on it as well and will post my results for the last few days,
thanks evanesco, got your message cheers hun, just not had time to reply but will be doing, , and i am defo gonna be carrying on the challenge more than 30 days but gonna do it a taylord to what i like on it. like the tennis and basket ball.

What exercise has everyone found burns the most calories and that they also enjoyed?

err i like the skating and the side to side jumps.
(not fantastic at the running but i guess it would burn the most calories).
but be aware you need the toning exercises to keep the motabolism high and burning way after you finish exercising.

Day 3

I didn't do my workout yesterday my leg muscles were hurting too much (I'm not used to execising) :sigh:

I did do todays though, I liked the tennis:

Workout: Low intensity

Time: 25.34 minutes

Calories: 211.8 :D

Exercises: 18/18

Hope you are all doing well :)

Karen X

err i like the skating and the side to side jumps.
(not fantastic at the running but i guess it would burn the most calories).
but be aware you need the toning exercises to keep the motabolism high and burning way after you finish exercising.

Oh I didn't know that... like what ones do you do after?
(I'm also new to this whole exersising thing...)

sorry don't think i explained clearly,
what i mean is the toning exercises in the active sports, eg. the squats. the lateral arm raises, .... basically anything where there is some resistance or weight bearing.
this keeps the motabilism going, but in my opinion should also be mixed with initial fat burning exercises ( stuff that gets you out of breath, the heart pumping a little harder) eg like running.
a good mixture of the two = initial fat burning, toning and increased motabolism = burning those extra calories for longer.

karen well done fantastic.... !!!!!

must confess i have missed a couple of days as totm. no excuse i know but i will do double as well and have aalso had my abs belt on.

cheers for the info, will deffo take it on board!

burned 300 cals today!!!

In alot of pain now tho, especially my legs... eesh

what ones will be the most tummy toning do you think?

Hi all
I got my EA Active yesterday but couldn't try it out last night as DH was watching TV downstairs. I suspect this will be the norm so might need to move it upstairs although the TVs up there are wall mounted and not sure if I'll be able to see them when doing floor exercises (if there are any?). Anyway, woke up early this morning and went straight on it to sort out profile etc. I'm 50 and sooooo not fit so decided to just do one of the custom workouts (easy) before work. I loved it and was nearly late for work - couldn't tear myself away!!

Tonight I did another custom workout as only had 15 mins and only burned 69 cals but really enjoyed it.

Should I start on a 30 day challenge right away or keep doing small easy workouts for a while and work up to it - any thoughts from those of you with more experience?

Sorry to prattle on, just wanted to show my enthusiasm for this - first time I've looked forward to exercise in years!

lynsey- tummy toning, wel i guess they all are in a way but. i can't find anything specific for that.
i use the fitness coach as well for my abs.
and i think a few ladies on here do as well.

Gona have to do a roll call soon as i see some people have not posted for a little while.
hope we are all ok.

HEY suziedoo!!!
i say do what ever you feel comfortable with but remember that you can set the 30 day challenge on easy and customise those work outs as well. (and you can change it day to day).
plus also remember those 69 cals are e.g. a slice of toast, or a biscuite etc etc. every single calorie counts.... better that you burn it then keep it ;-) (69 cals over 10 days =690 cals,= in a month and a half = 1lb of fat gone - based on 15 mins a day)
so yeah this is GREAT!!!!!

what do you other ladies think any idea what might be a good start for suziedoo?

and what do you all think are good for the stomach for lynsey?
do you think a seperate work out or ?????

Hey Tryer
Thanks for the positive response - much appreciated. I didn't realise you could customise the levels of the 30 day challenge as you go along so I will start it with the intent to push myself to do as much as possible without being silly about it and will report back on progress in here.
Here's to tomorrow !
Sue

cheers tryer, reckon just sit ups would be my best bet then?

I'm in agony today!!!!!!!

everywhere but my face hahaha

Day 1
First day of 30 day challenge. I did the medium programme before work this morning and loved it! I burned 161 cals - feel very pleased with myself.

Can anyone tell me if you can choose just one single activity? I know that you can pick custom workouts which are a mix of different workouts, but can you choose to do just boxing or just tennis for example?
Thanks

Hiya everyone I have not been able to get on the wii for a good week as my little boy has been sick and is now in hospital but being allowed home later on today so Mon I will be back to those lunges lol

Hi Sarahchi
So sorry to hear about your little boy, I hope he is soon better. I expect he will be glad to be home.
Take care of him and you
xx

Completed Day 2 on EA Active (although officially its day 4!! - haven't been around to use it!) Did 40 mins on medium and burned 181 cals so guess I will ache tomorrow. Shouldn't be too bad tho, I have day off work and DH and I are going to the seaside for a picnic so I will be able to chill out for a while.

It's been very quiet on here - where is everyone?

Back