JanD's Maintenance Diary. Week 7 onwards

whooooo jan :) well done on maintaining for 2 months - i wish i was like you :sigh: lol x

whooooo jan :) well done on maintaining for 2 months - i wish i was like you :sigh: lol x

Well don't waste 33 years getting to my age before you do it Tan ..... I know I've said it before but I've yo-yo-ed all those years up as high as 15st 9.5lbs, down as low as 8st 9lbs .... if only I'd accepted myself as I was all those years ago. I started 'dieting' at 21 and I was 10st 8lbs .... when I look back I could kick myself. That's the weight (ish) I want to maintain around now ....... ho hum ..... ah well - lessons learned and all that. But take heed my love if you can :) xx

Weighed in 0.6lb heavier this morning. That's not bad really. I went to my LT chemist this morning to get some maintenance bars so hopped on their scales and was 0.4lb lighter than last time I weighed there 9 weeks ago. I was quite pleased with that. Instead of looking at my ups and downs every week I can think - I've maintained for 2 months up to now :) xx

BRILL JAN,,,WELL DONE!That is amazing....so, you are doing so well in maintaining. I think you dont think you are but just proved it there you are in control. So when you think you have gone over, you obviously cut back and it is a happy medium! Wonderful :)

Monday 17th August

Breakie - I knew I was meeting people for lunch early so just had a pear - well actually half a pear because half of it was rotten :(

Lunch - It's becoming a habit to go & have one of those gorgeous paninis - this is the 3rd week on the run now! However - this week i remembered how bad I've felt the last 2 weeks all afternoon after a whole one so this week shared a tuna melt one with my sister. I think maybe even that was too much!

Tea - Pollock topped with broccoli (Lidl - frozen) & probably salad.

Will edit with the rest later.

See, after yesterday you have been so good :) I feel like that with panninis....they just seem to heavy and make you really full...wonder why! Strange.

Like the sound of pollock,,,actually never tried it..what is it similar to? Dont think I have ever seen it down here. Must try and have a look in the fish shop tomorrow.

Pollock is a bit like cod only not so bland imo. Do you have a Lidl?? The ones we have are from there - frozen with 2 different toppings, really nice!

Yeah - I can be really good foodwise when I'm not working but then I'm having a drink :eek: ..... ???? I look forward to seeing where I am 6 months from now. I'm a little concerned that any holiday gain might be hard to shift but I know I shouldn't be thinking like that. (I think I may have become somewhat obsessed :eek:) xx

oh jan i cant sleep thinking of my holiday gain - i am so scared :( especially considering i have already gained atleast half a stone i reckon just from eating very bad for like 3 weeks :sigh: no one to blame but myself. Back off the carbs i go .... :giggle: Jan, you know you will shift that weight - your a weight loss/maintaining machine :D

OH Ta - a - an ...... Don't let it spoil your holiday sweetheart. Let's get things in perspective - it's 2 weeks out of your whole life .... mine too .. we can and WILL sort out anything that happens during that time. I also think we've learned too much and come too far to allow ourselves to go completely mad.
I know that I can gain 7-10lbs in a fortnights holiday - however, I also know that, 2 years ago when my son was getting married 6 days after we came home I only gained 3lbs. 2 of which I lost in the six days. As hard as I think about it I can't remember feeling deprived on that holiday. It's a question of priorities I suppose, what's more important to us at any moment in time.

I wish our bodies WERE machines - it'd be so much easier!! :eek: xxx

Well done on maintaining for 2 months Jan, its a great feeling.
The obsessiveness is something that all of us need to work on, as it can get a bit much sometimes, obsessing what to eat, after we have ate it, what we will eat tomorrow etc, and on the other hand, maybe its just healthy planning in our minds, because if we didnt obsess as to what we ate, or were going to eat, we would just slip back into old habits and end up back at square one.

You 2 have a super holiday, be a little careful, but dont let it spoil your holidays. When I went in June, I was extremely careful for the first 3-4 days, then I relaxed a little, I did have a gain when I came back, but within two weeks it had gone.

Happy holidays girlies.

I'm not sure whether it's a curse or a blessing either Mary, this obsessing ... :rolleyes: but I'm sure it's only natural.

I have just had THE most gorgeous little thing! It was a Hershey's peanut butter cup. It can't have had any calories in it because they weren't mentioned on the wrapper :whistle:

.... there were 3 in the pack and the whole thing only weighed 51gms so I can't imagine it could be an earth shattering amount and it's okay - I won't eat the other 2, my grandsons have eaten them :p
I got them in the International Supermarket in Liverpool where I went to pick up some Turmeric root (recommended by Sharon for arthritis!), I also got a bag of chick pea ready to eat snacks but I don't think it's what you were talking about Iris - which is what I was looking for - it just says 'ready to eat snack, spicy chick peas' on the bag. I thought I'd try them anyway although they've got sunflower oil and other things on the list of ingredients but again no cals etc. I hope they're not too nice because it's a 500g bag :eek: xx

Tuesday 18th August

Breakie - granola, blue&blackberries, ff from frais

a small pear.

Lunch - took boys to an American Diner in L'pool. I had a 'chicken bowl' which turned out to be a MOUNTAIN of iceberg (YUCK!) 2 slices of beef tomato and 2 little skinny slices off a chicken breast with a tiny slice of swiss cheese on each. Ended up pinching about 10 fries off the boys and dipping them in mayo :eek:

The chocolate peanut butter cup mentioned in above post :eek:

Snack Pk of YAWYE fruit & nuts

Tea - Turkey 'stew' done in the slow cooker with a spoonful of chicken 'Rice in 5'

Few spicy chick peas - disgusting ... 4 oatcakes - 1 with goat's cheese, 1 with brie, 1 with lf pate & 1 with houmous.
Tesco biscuit & raisin bar :eek:

Drinks - wine, water, black coffee.

Hope everyone's had a good day. xx

Last edited:
:giggle: Im off the alcohol this week - well untill monday then its all inc time :eek: lol

Them peanut butter things jan, i know that the little 'corner shops' around plymouth tend to have alot of 'foreign' stuff - like the hersheys stuff. Ive not seen any of them in supermarkets yet - but my bf loves them as he is a sucker for peanut butter!!

Also, Reisen - do you remember them? Oh my word!! :drool: can only find them in little corner shops too!!! poop burgers!! lol

Hope you have fun at swimming jan :D

yes I can relate to becoming obsessed, I am concerned about holiday gain too. But as you said it short time in your life and you can get back on track when you get back. Two weeks tomorrow and icemeler here I come.

Reisen ---- yeah I remember the name but I don't remember what they're like.
I enjoyed watching the boys having their lessons ... too complicated to go in myself with their lessons being at different times and having to get them showered etc. Couldn't cope with having to do myself as well :eek: xx

Editing today's food (above) to update ... xx

(Hope you manage ok without the alcohol Tan ;) :)) xx

Ah im fine in the week - im a weekend binge drinker :eek: lol

Reisen - chewy caramel little squares covered in chocolate ... delish!!! :drool:

Attachments

• Riesen-Bars.jpg
    Riesen-Bars.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 27
Oh I remember .... YUM!! xx

Pollock is a bit like cod only not so bland imo. Do you have a Lidl?? The ones we have are from there - frozen with 2 different toppings, really nice!

Yeah - I can be really good foodwise when I'm not working but then I'm having a drink :eek: ..... ???? I look forward to seeing where I am 6 months from now. I'm a little concerned that any holiday gain might be hard to shift but I know I shouldn't be thinking like that. (I think I may have become somewhat obsessed :eek:) xx

I dont have a Lidl close to me, but I can get to one....I think I will try them soon!

I think you will be ok in 6 months time, if you continue coming on here and then we can tell you off if you are not being so good :)!!!!

I'm not sure whether it's a curse or a blessing either Mary, this obsessing ... :rolleyes: but I'm sure it's only natural.

I have just had THE most gorgeous little thing! It was a Hershey's peanut butter cup. It can't have had any calories in it because they weren't mentioned on the wrapper :whistle:

.... there were 3 in the pack and the whole thing only weighed 51gms so I can't imagine it could be an earth shattering amount and it's okay - I won't eat the other 2, my grandsons have eaten them :p
I got them in the International Supermarket in Liverpool where I went to pick up some Turmeric root (recommended by Sharon for arthritis!), I also got a bag of chick pea ready to eat snacks but I don't think it's what you were talking about Iris - which is what I was looking for - it just says 'ready to eat snack, spicy chick peas' on the bag. I thought I'd try them anyway although they've got sunflower oil and other things on the list of ingredients but again no cals etc. I hope they're not too nice because it's a 500g bag :eek: xx

Jan, I know which chick peas you have got and they are different to the ones I was thinking of, mainly for the fact they dont have any oil, etc on them. When I get to the Turkish shop, which wont be till after our hols, I will get you some cause then you will have the pack and you will know. They are very dry and no salt, but they just help if you like to pick and they are fairly good for you!

Oh I used to love those Reisen too...only problem, your jaw was aching afterwards from chewing...and finishing the pack in no time at all..hahhahaha...

Jan, I know which chick peas you have got and they are different to the ones I was thinking of, mainly for the fact they dont have any oil, etc on them. When I get to the Turkish shop, which wont be till after our hols, I will get you some cause then you will have the pack and you will know. They are very dry and no salt, but they just help if you like to pick and they are fairly good for you!

They'd have to be very different Iris - these are disgusting .... DH likes them tho'. Thanks for the offer to get some - they may be dear to post but I'll reimburse you obviously. xx

Wednesday 19th August

Breakie - granola, blue&blackberries & ff from frais

Lunch - Wholemeal wrap with turkey salad
1/2 one of those biscuits you get with coffees in coffee shops ;)

Tea - Tesco chicken in garlic & herb crust, a few oven chips & 2 dessertspoons of smokey bbq beans.
4 oatcakes - 1 with humous, 1 with lf pate, 2 with brie

Slimfast snack bar

Far too many carbs today but just the way it worked out (speed, availability etc) I'll sort it!!

Drinks - water, vodka(s) & coke zero (loads!) ;), black coffee

Last edited:
Back