JanD's Maintenance Diary. Week 7 onwards

I dont have a Lidl close to me, but I can get to one....I think I will try them soon!

You'll love them! I think the make is Ocean Trader ... ?

I think you will be ok in 6 months time, if you continue coming on here and then we can tell you off if you are not being so good :)!!!!

That's the idea of hanging around!! Please feel free to do so! xx

Jan what oatcakes do you get? do you prefer these to ryvitia's. I am looking for things that I can have handy for work. As I have previously pointed out, I sometimes find it difficult to get some thing to eat, so I have been taking extra light philidephia and ryvitia's, but wondered if the oatcakes may make a change.
Do you know its strange before LT I could go all day without something to eat, problem was then I would binge at night.
I am trying to make sure now I have something even if it's about 3:00 clock when I get something for lunch.
:D Ha I am rambling you can tell I am off sick this week. Feeling much better now, but GP said to be off for 7 whole days,and it's killing me. Have to listen to him as I work with older people, and would not want them to get anything from me.

I buy oatcakes in Tesco, but I cant think for the life of me what the make are as I am work.

Just rough oatcakes, I like mine with extra light cheese triangle and chives, or thin sliced cheddar with chopped pickled onions.

Jan what oatcakes do you get? do you prefer these to ryvitia's. I am looking for things that I can have handy for work. As I have previously pointed out, I sometimes find it difficult to get some thing to eat, so I have been taking extra light philidephia and ryvitia's, but wondered if the oatcakes may make a change.
Do you know its strange before LT I could go all day without something to eat, problem was then I would binge at night.
I am trying to make sure now I have something even if it's about 3:00 clock when I get something for lunch.
:D Ha I am rambling you can tell I am off sick this week. Feeling much better now, but GP said to be off for 7 whole days,and it's killing me. Have to listen to him as I work with older people, and would not want them to get anything from me.

I have the rough oat cakes - just sainsburys make :) they are very moreish though :eek: lol so be sure to just take the amount you want to eat so yer not munching more! lol x

Wednesday 19th August

Breakie - granola, blue&blackberries & ff from frais

Lunch - Wholemeal wrap with turkey salad
1/2 one of those biscuits you get with coffees in coffee shops ;)

Tea - Tesco chicken in garlic & herb crust, a few oven chips & 2 dessertspoons of smokey bbq beans.
4 oatcakes - 1 with humous, 1 with lf pate, 2 with brie

Far too many carbs today but just the way it worked out (speed, availability etc) I'll sort it!!

Drinks - water, vodka(s) & coke zero (loads!) ;), black coffee

Can yo get wholemeal wraps Jan? myself and my mam were looking for them Friday but could only find wholemeal pitta's and have never seen wholemeal wraps?? thanks

i have seen wholemeal pittas at sainsburys and asda :)

Yea I seen the pitta's but Jan mentioned wraps, have you seen them? I havent anywhere... we were looking on sat, I always only see white/garlic or tomatoe wraps... didnt see any wholemeal???

:)

ahh sorry i meant wraps lol i have seen wholemeal wraps in sainsburys and asda :)

I get them in Sainsbury's, they don't have them in our Asda - only whole wheat, which isn't the same. The Sains ones are deffo wholemeal and they freeze which is handy.

The oatcakes I get are Nairn's rough ones. They're the best kind of 'cracker' type thing (in GI/GL terms) I like them well enough but I don't find them particularly moreish.

ooh i do - but maybe thats to do with what i top them with!! :giggle:

Feeling really bloated today. Probably a result of all those carbs yesterday - either that or the copious amounts of vodka & diet coke I imbibed :eek: ....

... I have an excuse - it's the 2 yr anniversary of my Dad's death today - I made a dvd about him at the time and I watched it a few times last night .... I know I say any excuse - but you must admit - that's a gud'un ;) :)

Thurday 20th August

Breakie - 2 weetabix, blue&blackberries, splenda & skimmed milk.

6 cheese n onion crisps (went for coffee with family after letting off some helium balloons on Dad's favourite golf course in his memory - everyone else had snack as well :eek:)

Lunch - (out) Warm chicken & bacon salad with a balsamic dressing. There was LOTS of the dressing and it was VERY sweet so I don't know what damage that did. 5 of my mother's chips :)

Nectarine

Trousers feeling tight :(:(:(

Don't know what we're having tonight yet. I got some lovely frozen fishy & chickeny things in Aldi earlier (well they look & sound lovely) so may try one of them with some salad - or maybe a frittata, I haven't made one of those for AGES!! - will update later.

Update ... Made a frittata with bacon bits, mushrooms,courgette (tiny one ripened today), eggs, garlic, chives & cheese. Had with tomato and half a small tin of beans.

Even MORE bloated now ...... :eek: hasn't stopped me having some wine tho' .... weeeeeeeell gotta toast me dad today haven't I????

Later on had 3 oatcakes with houmous, lf pate & brie and even later, a slimfast snack bar :eek:

Drinks - water, wine, black coffee.

Last edited:
I get them in Sainsbury's, they don't have them in our Asda - only whole wheat, which isn't the same. The Sains ones are deffo wholemeal and they freeze which is handy.

The oatcakes I get are Nairn's rough ones. They're the best kind of 'cracker' type thing (in GI/GL terms) I like them well enough but I don't find them particularly moreish.

Ahh i will have a look when I am up in the north in sainsbury's and I can freeze them then... havent seen them anywhere in dub... thanks Jan/Tanya

That'll be what it s Tan - funnily enough I thought of that as I typed the response :) xx

ahhh jan big hugs today :hug99: :)

Awwwww thanks Tan xx

big hugs from me too xx and I will try the oatcakes. Must admit I bought the fruit ryvitia's today, but not that struck on em.

Thanks a lot guys ... comes to us all I know ... :( xx

They'd have to be very different Iris - these are disgusting .... DH likes them tho'. Thanks for the offer to get some - they may be dear to post but I'll reimburse you obviously. xx

Gosh, I can see I havent been on much at all this week,,,just reading this!

Yes, I know the ones you got and they are quite strong and leave a film in your mouth too as they are so greasy! When I get to the shop, I will get you some....dont worry about reimbursement, will post them from work ;) ;)...I have some perks, but they wont cost too much to be honest...these are dry and I must admit I like them and they arent salty either, which can often lead to eating other rubbish ;-)!!

At least DH likes them and they didnt go to waste!

Feeling really bloated today. Probably a result of all those carbs yesterday - either that or the copious amounts of vodka & diet coke I imbibed :eek: ....

... I have an excuse - it's the 2 yr anniversary of my Dad's death today - I made a dvd about him at the time and I watched it a few times last night .... I know I say any excuse - but you must admit - that's a gud'un ;) :)

Thurday 20th August

Breakie - 2 weetabix, blue&blackberries, splenda & skimmed milk.

6 cheese n onion crisps (went for coffee with family after letting off some helium balloons on Dad's favourite golf course in his memory - everyone else had snack as well :eek:)

Lunch - (out) Warm chicken & bacon salad with a balsamic dressing. There was LOTS of the dressing and it was VERY sweet so I don't know what damage that did. 5 of my mother's chips :)

Nectarine

Trousers feeling tight :(:(:(

Don't know what we're having tonight yet. I got some lovely frozen fishy & chickeny things in Aldi earlier (well they look & sound lovely) so may try one of them with some salad - or maybe a frittata, I haven't made one of those for AGES!! - will update later.

Update ... Made a frittata with bacon bits, mushrooms,courgette (tiny one ripened today), eggs, garlic, chives & cheese. Had with tomato and half a small tin of beans.

Even MORE bloated now ...... :eek: hasn't stopped me having some wine tho' .... weeeeeeeell gotta toast me dad today haven't I????

Drinks - water, wine, black coffee.

Jan, I think seeing what day it is, you are allowed a day like that....but it wasnt too bad actually! Apart from the booze..hahaha...but, you were toasting your wee dad, and that is allowed.

The warm salad sounded really nice indeed as did the fritatta....I think I am having a thing for them after the goats cheese one the other day! YUMMY..

I love your breakfasts.....I need to start eating them now...YIKES!! Thinking I will start tomorrow, but not sure...it is a long day as we dont arrive at our destination till midnight, and leaving the house at around 12:30pm..so thought I could have muesli/nat yog/fruit....sure this will be ok????? Probably not get to read your reply mind you..but sure it should be!

Back