Mini

Administrator
Staff member
Is this YOUR year? Is this the year that you will lose weight?

This is a great time of year to start a new diet or to get back on the wagon to lose the pounds and with the support, encouragement and help from our wonderful members we can achieve our weight-loss goals in 2016!

We would really like to get to know you so please either post on this thread or start a new thread in this section and tell us a little about you.

Also, if you have any questions either about the site or a particular diet or plan we will try and answer them...we are not experts but each of us has gained some knowledge and experience through our ups and downs on our own personal journey and we can share our own unique experience with you.

As everyone is different no one diet suits all and if you have no idea what kind of diet or plan you might like to do please have a read around our forums as you might see something that appeals to you.

Once you have decided on a diet or plan we suggest you start a diary thread in the diary sub forum of your chosen diet, or if you prefer in one of the general diary forums that are a little more private so that others can help and encourage you and pop in, even if it is just to say hello...a dairy is a good tool for helping you stay focused and on track as well as providing you with a useful record to look back on.

Have a read of the sticky threads in our forums as a lot of useful information is on them and in the Technical forum to help you with using the site or start a new thread if you have a question or need help, please let us know as there is always someone willing to help out if and where they can.

Wishing you all a very Happy, Prosperous, Peaceful and Slim New Year 2016!

Best wishes Pierce and Mini xxx

Hi....newbie here. I start my metamorphosis tomorrow. I knew I would need today to recover from a party. All set with my supplies to do Cambridge step2 and have given myself a minimum commitment of 12 weeks on this step. WIll review progress etc then to decide next steps. I have a lot of weight to lose but I can't even focus on that as it's never worked for me before. I now am viewing the weight loss simply as a sign the changes i am making are working. All support greatly received.

Hi,
I've been a member of this site for a while now and was so happy to see that it was back. I always found the support here really helpful. Its a great community :)
Last year I faltered with my healthy eating and exercise. I still managed to lose a stone over the year but I could have done so much better.
So I'm restarting now....not following a specific plan, I'm just going to eat healthily and exercise a lot more.
Good luck to everyone :)

Hi firstly it's great to see this site is back . I've been a member for a few years . I have done well over the last few years but had an accident in July which meant I couldn't walk so no exercise eating more than I should feeling low . I can now walk but only very slowly so won't be doing a lot of cardio so I will be doing more gentle light weight training. I'm starting Monday haven't weighed in yet but know I've got a few stones to shift .
Happy New year everyone and good luck whatever plan you're following x

Hi....newbie here. I start my metamorphosis tomorrow. I knew I would need today to recover from a party. All set with my supplies to do Cambridge step2 and have given myself a minimum commitment of 12 weeks on this step. WIll review progress etc then to decide next steps. I have a lot of weight to lose but I can't even focus on that as it's never worked for me before. I now am viewing the weight loss simply as a sign the changes i am making are working. All support greatly received.

Hello,

I started on Cambridge again yesterday. Been dieting for the last 20 years and soooo bored of it!! 2016 is going to be my year! I look forward to sharing my journey with you all, and I'll keep an eye out for you Metamorphosis

xXx

Hello Im a newbie and hoping im in the right thread, not too sure what im doing yet so if im going in places i shouldnt just let me know thanks. . Ive got wieght to loose i have high blood preasure and im on medication the BP doesnt seam to be coming down by much so thought to myself just loose some wieght dont get me wrong im not saying easy peasy but the amount im paying on prescriptions and always at docs more now than ever before so im telling myself loose the wieght its got to be less hassle than all this doctor stuff.

Hi everyone I'm Hannah going to be giving sw my full and proper attention this coming year. I have plenty of motivation and lots of lovely places to go and 3 plane journeys!! I have all the books here I ordered online. I have a couple of questions if anyone can answer them. 1. If I join online sw can o attend meetings aswell included for the price. I won't be able to go every week but I would like to get weighed as much as possible when I can. I do not keep scales in the house after developing an eating disorder as a teenager. But I have 3 small children and I may not be able to always go. I remember before that if you don't go every week you get charged extra or something? And 2. I enjoy juicing veg with only a small amount of fruit I can see from my books that fruit puréed is syn however I can't really understand if puréed spinach and carrot (for example) is? Sorry for ramble love Hannah

Hi Everyone,

I lost 3 stone on Lipotrim years ago so I know it works and that I can do it. Found Minimins really helped me stay focused and motivated.

So here I am, back again to finish what I began.
83 pounds to lose.

2016 is the year and I look forward to sharing the transformation and offer any help, support and advice I can :)

Let’s do it!!

Yuna

Hi everyone, I'm Emma and I am restarting Slimming World as of today. Have done it in the past very sucessfully so I know it works but I struggle to keep the motivation! Looking forward to sharing my weight loss journey with you all. Completely new to this site though so got to get my head round this too! Good Luck everyone!

Welcome metatomorphosis:) Love the username:)
Good luck with Cambridge step 2 you should see the weight flying off you over the next 12 weeks. We have colour-coded prefixes at the start of new a new thread so if you click on prefix a drop down box will appear and if you select step 2 it will show on your thread and it will help others who are on step 2 to find you.

Here is the link for the forum https://www.minimins.com/forums/cambridge-weight-plan.50/

Here is a link to my own guide as to how to get around MiniMins and if you need any help please ask:)

https://www.minimins.com/threads/minis-guided-tour-of-minimins-2016.353220/

Hi,
I've been a member of this site for a while now and was so happy to see that it was back. I always found the support here really helpful. Its a great community :)
Last year I faltered with my healthy eating and exercise. I still managed to lose a stone over the year but I could have done so much better.
So I'm restarting now....not following a specific plan, I'm just going to eat healthily and exercise a lot more.
Good luck to everyone :)
Welcome back lauraf4 and good luck for 2016:)

You did well last year and I am sure you will again. It is all about following a diet and exercise plan that works for you as that is the key.

Hi,

Started on Slimming World today. I want to lose 3st, and chose Slimming World because it seems like it's something I could stick with even after reaching my goal weight.

Wish me luck!
Welcome Fopdoodle and good luck with Slimming World.

Slimming World was virtually unheard of when we started back in 2006 and a small group of our members began on here and now it is the biggest forum on our site, so I think that speaks volumes about the success our members have had on it.

It was pointed out to me recently that a lot of people who visit MiniMins do not realise that within our Slimming World forum we have sub-forums...14 plus the general Slimming World forum, so there is plenty to explore. I think this new software we are using makes them easier to find.

Here is the link to the Slimming World forum and if you need any help please ask:)

https://www.minimins.com/forums/slimming-world.18/

Hi firstly it's great to see this site is back . I've been a member for a few years . I have done well over the last few years but had an accident in July which meant I couldn't walk so no exercise eating more than I should feeling low . I can now walk but only very slowly so won't be doing a lot of cardio so I will be doing more gentle light weight training. I'm starting Monday haven't weighed in yet but know I've got a few stones to shift .
Happy New year everyone and good luck whatever plan you're following x
Welcome back katsmad64 and I am so sorry to hear that you were in an accident and it is good to hear you are making a recovery.

Good luck with starting your new journey today and wishing you a very Happy New Year 2016...hopefully this year you will achieve good health and your goals and that you will be back to your old-self again and that this year will make up for what you missed out on last year.

Hello,

I started on Cambridge again yesterday. Been dieting for the last 20 years and soooo bored of it!! 2016 is going to be my year! I look forward to sharing my journey with you all, and I'll keep an eye out for you Metamorphosis

xXx

Welcome Sahara and good luck with Cambridge and I hope 2016 is your year!:)

Back again with even more to lose this time.
I'm trying focus on the small picture at the moment as according to BMI (pinch of salt) I need to lose about 9st/10st, which is pretty scary.

Hello Im a newbie and hoping im in the right thread, not too sure what im doing yet so if im going in places i shouldnt just let me know thanks. . Ive got wieght to loose i have high blood preasure and im on medication the BP doesnt seam to be coming down by much so thought to myself just loose some wieght dont get me wrong im not saying easy peasy but the amount im paying on prescriptions and always at docs more now than ever before so im telling myself loose the wieght its got to be less hassle than all this doctor stuff.
Welcome emmgee15:)

If you look around the forums here you will see a lot of different diets and you might see something that appeals to you and fits in with your life.

Slimming World and Weight Watchers have offers on for this month so that might be worth looking at?

I have a sweet tooth and as from today I am sugar free again...fingers crossed;) It's not easy but we all have to start somewhere.

Back